1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Destination set, no pings for over 45mins

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by mule, Apr 14, 2017.

1. mule

mule Member

Bit confused why I'm not getting any requests. Sitting near Bondi with destination set towards Manly. It's been surging a few times on and off but still not a single trip request. At this time 5.30-6.30pm I KNOW people are going towards the city. My destination should pick up any requests going in that north.

2. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

It's Good Friday, the equal biggest public holiday of the year. Shops and businesses are generally closed by law.

Last night was the time to drive. Several drivers made $500 like Tony-T and another mate of mine who may wish to remain anonymous.

3. mule

mule Member

Who is Tony-T?

4. Scully99

Scully99 Active Member

He is on the UberPeoplenet forum....

Drives part time and consistently makes good $$$$, has high rating and has a flashy car with accessories which helps..

Riders Champion likes this.
  5. Riders Champion

He lives on the northern beaches too if I am not mistaken. That or he works in that area primarily.

mule likes this.
  6. mule

mule Member

How does he make good money? I have good car, pretty good rating and no flashy accessories.. what kind of accessories are you taking about? Glow in the dark dîldos hanging from the roof that dispense glitter?

Syd-Uberer and Riders Champion like this.
  7. Riders Champion

I recall he had a play station or something set up...

8. mule

mule Member

How does having a PlayStation help you make more money? Maybe better ratings but not more money surely?

9. Riders Champion

Here it is from Tony-T himself!

"Here is my Uber checklist for whenever i hit the road. Everyone should have the basics, but feel free to add something that i may have missed.

Flashlight
    These come in handy for when you're trying to find addresses at night time. Especially when the pin takes you to the wrong address.

Chargers + auxiliary cable
    Iphone 4,5,6 + Android phone charges. Auxiliary cable for when your passenger wants to play their own music from their phone.

2nd satnav
    IMO this is a must! Whenever you get taken to a suburb you're not familiar with, these things come in handy. I always have mine set to my home address. this way, whenever i drop off a passenger in a strange location, i flip over to my 2nd satnav and it guides me to the nearest familiar main road.

Good selection of music encompassing most modern genres
    everyone should have a good selection of music. Pop music usually suffices, but on occasion people want house, deep house, rock, dubstep and trap music.

Mints
    I do carry these, however i never hand them out unless people ask for them. I've had many previous riders say they felt weird excepting candy from drivers. A lot of Aussies are taught not to except candy from strangers as kids.
    I'd leave this one up to you guys.

Bottles of water
    I have never handed out water ever. I know some people will swear by it, but i honestly don't think it's necessary. Again, this one is up to you guys.

Sick bags
    These do come in handy. I have had 2 close calls so far. You can buy these at the chemist.

Portable vacuum
    If you haven't got one of these yet, you are missing out! I usually vacuum my car after every 5 trips or so, or when i can see its getting dirty. The more frequent you vacuum your car the easier it is to keep clean. Passengers love a clean car!

Towels
    Some passengers bring pets, so i use a towel to lay down on the seat.

Tissues and wipes
    Very handy, you never know when you may have to clean up some mess. Plus passengers will sometimes request them.

Car air freshener
    Very important! Your car has to always smell fresh!

Dress nice
    This is somewhat important. I wouldn't say wear your best suit, but at least make an effort to look presentable.

Smell nice
    Use a good cologne, but don't drench yourself in it. Also make sure your breathe smells nice. There is nothing worse then smelling bad breathe or body odor.

Good personality
    A good personality can go a long way. try to be a people person. If your passenger is talking, listen. The last thing you want to do is argue or be confrontational. Never talk about politics or sensitive topics. Keep in mind the inner city suburbs is full of sensitive progressive leftists who get triggered by almost anything. Keep the conversations smooth and friendly.

Be courteous
    Open doors for seniors or the disabled etc. Help people with their luggage and always smile.
    Some passengers may be going through rough times, Loss of family member, messy break up etc. Try to be empathetic when needed.

IMO these are the basics that every driver should have..

These next things are just extras that i provide in my car..

Foxtel
    This is great in winter, especially in the footy season. People love watching sports! I run it through the Foxtel Go app on my phone and the sound comes out of my car speakers through bluetooth.

Free to air tv
    I do have this, but because the car needs to be in a stationary position to get a good signal, i hardly get to use it. But have had a couple requests for it.

Movies
    I provide all the latest movies for viewing, including some classics. In total i have over 100 movies loaded onto a SD card. Have only had a few requests for movies so far, since most trips aren't long enough to bother watching one. But they are there if i need them. I also have lots of stand up comedy which i do get regular requests for. I also have a couple p0rn movies and yes, I've had several requests to watch p0rn lol.

PlayStation
    Yes i have a PS3 and a PS4 in my car. I switch them out. My PS3 is hacked and has all the latest games plus old school console games like snes, megadrive, nes and mame arcade games.

Music videos
    All my music in my car is music videos, all of it! Passengers love it! I get so many compliments just from this.

Big sound system
    Every sound that plays in my car goes through my sound system. PS3, PS4, Foxtel, TV, music videos, movies, everything! I have a 12" sub in the boot and a 1000watt amp under the passenger seat. I can pump it whenever the passenger wants and again, they love it! Especially the passengers who are off to the club on a Saturday night.

I do have one other piece of tech, but for the moment I'm keeping this one to myself. I'm afraid that if i were to release this tech, people would copy me and it would spoil the whole game. This tech gets me tips, kisses, girls flashing their breast at me and girls asking me out for drinks and dates. I ain't even kidding it's genius LOL!

Anyway this is what i bring to the table. I don't expect anyone to have all the extras that i do but you should at least have the basics that have been outlined at the top. Happy driving!"

TONY-T

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  10. mule

mule Member

If only riders were courteous.

Syd-Uberer and Riders Champion like this.
  11. mule

mule Member

Most riders don't even say "sorry for making you wait" they just get in as if your time is nothing.

If I made a driver wait, I wouldn't even think about getting in his car without the courtesy of apologising for the delay. But that never happens with Uber. Riders are entitled wnkers who expect you to wait on them for peanut money.

12. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

No portable footbath i notice

Doesnt they understand theyre in customer service?

13. mule

mule Member

Hey @eXploitation who said youre allowed to talk about Uber, get back to the work!

IMG_0077.JPG

eXploitation likes this.
  14. mule

mule Member

LOL I triggered some Clinton supporters big time on US Election Day. Just by not condemning Trunp apparently that made me a racist, biggot, and words that are probably banned here.

I think I might buy a Make America great again cap just to piss people like that off.

They have no time for alternative views. They are right, everyone else is wrong (apparently).

Cold Gin and Riders Champion like this.
  15. mule

mule Member

Oh and I didn't bring up politics in case you're wondering. One of them asked me why I am so happy, why am I still smiling on a day like this.

Riders Champion likes this.
  16. eXploitation

Apparently ladders are going to be trending over there

Something about a wall

mule likes this.
  17. Riders Champion

Last weekend I got into trouble with a Belgian girl. I mentioned that I met some really smart and down to earth Republicans while I was in America. She immediately got irate, bad mouthing Trump and Trump supporters and going on a rant about how the world is ruined now etc. I wasn't even talking about him. I knew that Europeans hated Trump but thought they wouldn't be so aggressive about a foreign President.

mule likes this.
  18. eXploitation

Theyre pissed w/ the poms big time after been given the middle finger

Trump is like double fingers

mule likes this.
  19. mule

mule Member

say you're a democrat in front of a republican they will say that's fine, good for you.

Say you don't hate republicans in front of a democrat and prepare to lose friends. I even lost Australian friends because of this very issue.

20. Pippo

Pippo Member

It is important for us to keep up with current world trends. Due to our geographical location we are sometimes left behind. Had some entitled paxs once when we where talking about the Trump election. I mention that I didn't think Trumps election was as controversial as when a negro was elected into office . The prick went feral on me saying the word negro calling me a racist. I explained that I am far from being a racist as I grew up in PNG and had many black friends. Luckily he wasn't the account holder . So sometimes things aren't black and white. They are probably African American or European Caucasian.

mule likes this.