1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

A current affair

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by It's a scam, May 21, 2017.

1. It's a scam

It's a scam New Member

did anyone see a current affair on Thursday night plugging uber? 4 driver telling story's of how great it is, earning $25 ph, getting people off the doll, and back into full time work. Journalism gone wrong, these people must be either newbies or moles. And that's national TV fgs.

2. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Whoever plugs their organisation on those shows ends up paying for the slot
    Which means the station cares not
    Current affairs and news are a lot cheaper to pump out than buying drama or other productions and they can extend add time into the so called news and affair content with infomercials

3. skyco

skyco Active Member

I saw it. Felt absolutely disgusted by the one sided pile of lies this obvious Uber infomercial was pushing.

a) Show public Uber are good. Look they are getting people off welfare. So what if they exploit and deny drivers their fair work rights.
    b) Get more drivers to sign up to Uber, its the best work in the world. You are "your own boss". Uber loves new blood, it is more easily manipulated and better exploited.

Channel 9 are at rock bottom, no doubt. I do wonder whether they'll let the RSDU respond to this pile of Uber junk.

Those who missed it can watch it here:
    https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-affair
    [18/5/2017 episode]

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  4. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

I heard about it but haven't seen the video yet (not available for streaming outside of Australia). Sounds like a disgusting case of commercial journalism. Is there some way that people can complain ?

It's a scam likes this.
  5. skyco

skyco Active Member

You can easily bypass the country block by installing a VPN extension (chrome browsers). More info here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/vpn

6. HumungousDill

Thanks for that Skyco. I added the Hola VPN extension thing, and I was able to enter the channel 9 site, but then to view anything I had to create an account. If I tried to do this I couldn't due to the Geoblock

Screenshot (101).png Screenshot (102).png

7. It's a scam

It's a scam New Member

Yeah,
    HD I emailed a current affair regarding the plug, my chin on the floor and what a totally bad example of unreserched journalism, and haven't they, being in the news, heard of all the protests going on in Australia from drivers, regarding poor pay, conditions blah blah, an absolute disgrace to be splashing lies across national tv...... need less to say, no response.....

Uberx zoom likes this.
  8. HumungousDill

Good on ya. Could you send me their email address please, I will do the same even though I haven't seen the program I can imagine it being the crock of lies described by your post.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  9. It's a scam

It's a scam New Member

I just google a current affair email or contact and it comes up with a form to fill in, sorry I'm not that savvy to give you a link Surprised it can't be viewed on line! But they may have had that much mail that they have taken it down! Lol due to pushing something untrue, litigation ect! Hahaha still no

Uberx zoom likes this.
  10. It's a scam

It's a scam New Member

I got it HD, uber helping unemployed Australias avoid Centrelink-9 n

11. HumungousDill

Ok thanks :)

Uberx zoom likes this.
  12. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Check this page.
    http://www.9news.com.au/contact-us

Basically they (ACA) show how Uber gets people off center-link and help them make ends meet. Not even one word on poor pay or working conditions, fast car depreciation or the fact that drivers hardly take home $11.00 after all expenses.

More like an open season on the most vulnerable. Absolute junk, the worse journalism ever seen. Fake news.

HumungousDill and eXploitation like this.
  13. skyco

skyco Active Member

Sign up with a BS email address and name. They dont verify the email or anything. I was able to access the video immediately after pressing the submit (create new account). You need to create the account while on the VPN connection to avoid the geo block.

HumungousDill likes this.
  14. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

HumungousDill likes this.