1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Uber pick up zone in Melbourne airport.

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by skyco, Aug 15, 2017.

1. skyco

skyco Active Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

Finally, some good news. Just hope that $4 charge gets passed on to the customer, or else it's going to come out of our pockets!!

3. Cold Gin

Cold Gin Member

Anyone used this yet? How'd it go? Are the wait times reasonable?

4. skyco

skyco Active Member

It was great on Thursday, I got a ping twice as soon as I entered the holding zone. I could see about 10 cars in the queue but somehow I had priority.
    A completely different experience Friday, I've been there three times throughout the day almost 70-100 cars waiting on each occasion. I left empty after exactly 15 minutes. No point waiting more than that for a likely CBD trip. I can get such trips not too far from the airport anyway.

Cold Gin likes this.
  5. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

I tried it out Sunday afternoon after a drop off and had a 1 hour wait for a trip to Kew - I wasn't fussed as it wasn't a busy time for arrivals and I was only testing the waters.

Sunday evening, there was a shorter queue and I waited under 10 minutes for a ride to the CBD. I had a drop off in Essendon later that night and noticed there were only 2 cars in the queue. When I arrived, there were 0 cars in queue so I received a trip within 20 seconds to Macleod.

It's useful for me as I live closeby to the Airpot and can start a shift there. My best advice is to google incoming arrivals at MEL before making your way there. Ensure you only queue during a busy period.

DriverX likes this.
  6. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

I queue only if my number is about 50 or less, which normaly translate to about 30 minutes wait, give or take.

I drive off if the number is more than 50, it's not worth the wait unless one has too much time to burn.