1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

'My fare was adjusted'

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Drake, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Drake

Drake New Member

Hi valued members of the RSDU,

Please read below and advise.

I took the trip on Saturday night last week. The rider requested the fare adjustment explaining that I took a longer trip. Initially after I picked up the rider, she told me to follow her instructions but when she got confused, she asked me to follow the gps. Relying on the gps, it took me in circles as it continued to re-route the trip!

I replied back to Uber mentioning what had actually happened but they do not seem to hear anything! They advised that after they reviewed the trip, I indeed took a longer route to drop off the riders.

I again wrote back to them saying that I am not happy with their resolution and if they even read my explanation. Still haven't heard back from them yet.

The fare adjustment is only $8 but it is about me being right and their gps and rider being dodgy.

Would appreciate some feedback on this.

Thanks and regards.

DriverX likes this.
  2. Cold Gin

Cold Gin Member

To be honest, in situations like that, it's usually ME who requests a fare review. I don't think it's right for passengers to pay for errors that aren't of their own making, and proactively letting them know you'll have it corrected helps to build a positive reputation for trustworthiness, which is a part of the competitive advantage that rideshare drivers presently enjoy. It also helps to protect your rating!

There's plenty to be disgruntled about as an Uber "partner," but your $8 adjustment is probably best copped on the chin, in my opinion. Lesson learned, as they say!

Drake and DriverX like this.
  3. Drake

Drake New Member

Thanks Cold Gin. I just received a response from Uber and they have made the relevant adjustments admitting that the previous adjustment was incorrect.

I agree that the passengers should not pay for the errors and I even apologised (though not my fault) to them when the trip was completed but this doesn't mean that we should cope up false allegations from the passengers as well.

As I mentioned earlier, even though it was an $8 adjustment (which cannot be substantiated with the rates Uber pays the driver), I wanted to prove my point as well.

Thanks and regards

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    DriverX and Cold Gin like this.
  4. Cold Gin

Cold Gin Member

Sorry, I misunderstood. False allegations from passengers is a very different matter. Well done on a good outcome.

skyco, Drake and DriverX like this.
  5. das350

das350 New Member

You must be firm when dealing with muppets at the muppets office. If you did not get the correct response than tell them to pass it on to the muppets on the next level !

Drake likes this.
  6. KawanaPete

KawanaPete New Member

Happened to me recently, pax was too drunk to spell the street name and wanted me to find it with a different spelling, we went round and round until she saw the street.
    Adjusted fare by $18. I learnt from that i will not take pax to different location than what is writen in the app. or they can change it.

river view, skyco and Drake like this.
  7. skyco

skyco Active Member

I dispute all adjustments. Say you drove to the destination under passanger instructions and according to traffic and road closure conditions at the time.

Cold Gin, DriverX and Drake like this.
  8. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

DO NOT use the Uber-based GPS system. It is incredibly bad. Waze is your best and most trustworthy option - and you can even report map problems in the app if you encounter any.

The Uber GPS likes to send me the wrong way down one way streets, assumes that I should just somehow drive through dead-ends and often doesn't choose an efficient route anyway.