1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

ATO Issues Official Notice for info on Driver Partners

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by river view, Nov 2, 2017.

1. river view

river view Member

This request includes details about your driver partner account and payments you received. Uber must comply with notice on 1 November 2017.

Ride-sourcing is taxi travel for the purposes of the GST law.

It's estimated up to 125,000 individuals offer, or have offered this service.

Details of ride-sourcing providers (drivers) and the payments they have received during the 2015–16 to 2018–19 financial years, will be requested from ride-sourcing facilitators and/or the ride-sourcing facilitators’ financial institutions.

We'll match the data provided against our records to identify drivers who may not be meeting their registration, reporting, lodgment and/or payment obligations.

Where we are unable to match a driver's details against our records, we will get further information from other sources.

This protocol has been prepared to meet requirements of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s Guidelines on Data Matching in Australian Government Administration (2014) (the Guidelines).

This data matching protocol has been amended from the original version published in December 2016 to include ride-sourcing facilitators as additional data providers – and to extend the financial years included in the program.

What we will do before amending a return
    Previous programs
    Prior to this data matching protocol being published – data was gained under the Ride-sourcing 2015 data matching protocol from a ride-sourcing facilitators’ financial institutions. It was then matched against our records.

The data sets requested under this program protocol include data from ride-sourcing facilitators and the ride-sourcing facilitators’ financial institutions.

To date, the data has been used exclusively in a number of educational campaigns to alert drivers to their tax obligations. In future, the data will be used for education and targeted compliance activities.

Data related matters
    Data matching and user agency
    We are the matching agency and in most cases the sole user of the data gained in the course of this data matching program. The data matching program will be conducted on our secure systems in accordance with approved policies and procedures.

In very limited and specific circumstances we may be permitted by law to disclose individual records to other government agencies.

2. coolair

coolair Member

Thanks for the info. Can you post a link to the source please.

3. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

4. Little Red Corvette

Little Red Corvette New Member

Right then. So if ride-sourcing is deemed to be "taxi travel", then it is time for uber and other ride sharing companies to be allocated dedicated ride share vehicle stands in the CBD as well as other major suburban hubs, just like the taxis do. What's good for one should be good for all.

Nickname likes this.
  5. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

I agree.

They sure don't seem to be planning for the long haul, do they? Uber or Government.

Designated RideShare ranks should have been available throughout all cities already 12 months ago. Collecting fines from drivers is more profitable i guess.

Nickname likes this.
  6. Little Red Corvette

Little Red Corvette New Member

There has never been any long term planning by the NSW Government now for at least the last half a century. Look at the state of our roads, traffic and infrastructure, that is a dead give away to me.

Just out of interest, last Thursday I had an Uber ride given to me with a pick up location of Oxford Street Darlinghurst in the peak hour. The left lane of bothsides of the road are designated bus lanes only. I pulled over on the road where the point on the map told me to do so, there were no buses behind me at the time, put on my hazrd lights but the riders were not there. Two minutes later I almost had a bus in the bus lane go right up my backside blasting his horn at me as the riders raced to get into my car. Once they jumped inside my car as I was holding up the bus behind me, they told me that Sydney is far behind becuase they had just come back from a holiday in Los Angeles where they told me that Taxi stands are now getting replaced by uber pickup/dropoff zones there.

I trust that they were one of the 5 star ratings I received that day. After putting my car and myself at risk of being demolished by a fast approaching bus just to pick them up, I thought I deserved 5 stars.

Safe to say I will reject all pick ups on Oxford Street after that incident from now on.

Nickname and Uberx zoom like this.