1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Beware of taxi drivers throwing screws on the road in front of you

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Little Red Corvette, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Little Red Corvette

Little Red Corvette New Member

Just got a punctured tire on Elizabeth street today near central station after a silver service taxi driver chucked a welding screw down on the road in front of my vehicle.

Had to hobble my stricken car to the nearest car tire mart to get the tire completely replaced.

I am considering going rogue now and not displaying an uber sticker on my car anymore. We are targets for angry cabbies and impatient motorists.

Too bad I had just dropped a rider off before it happened, so I had my dash cam switched off. If I had caught it on camera, I would have got the driver of the taxi to pay.

2. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Mate sorry to hear about this problem if it would have been me i would follow them and wait my chance to drag him from his car and put my size 12 shoe firmly up his back side . As for the Uber sticker yes just remove it it,s not being policed. I feel its just uber trying to cash in on free advertising buy having a sticker to be honest from a mechanical point of view its a defect and distraction of your vision when driving to be placed where they want it .

3. HSnypeR

HSnypeR Member

That's a bit risky removing a sticker. I heard from another Driver that many drivers have already been fined at the airport for not having stickers.

Police have number plate scanners in their car. They might pull you over for a random breath test as an excuse to check. Police went out of their way to pull me over for RBT for doing nothing wrong just last week near Dee Why.

Sorry about your situation but I suggest just keep your damcam on all the time.