1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Uber control of Uberpeople.Net (UP) forum (NOT THIS FORUM)

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by HumungousDill, Apr 2, 2017.

1. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

I was hoping to start getting more Perth people on board UP as a stepping stone to them joining RSDU. But I have observed a few disturbing things.

1. Some time ago when I typed in RSDU on the UP forum I got an error message saying that RSDU was a banned word. I think this is common knowledge now. I'm thinking that if UP is independent of Uber then why would they, UP, object to drivers mentioning RSDU ?

2. There's the occasional idiot who joins the forum and posts something like "I'm earning good money . I dont understand why you people are complaining; if you dont like it why don't you get another job" etc etc. I'm sure you know the type. This must be an Uber plant surely ? How can anyone have such a skewed/fucked up perspective of the earnings ?

3. I had been quite vocal in trying to get the apathetic Perth drivers thinking towards the type of strike action that the Melbourne and Brisbane drivers were carrying out. A thread titled "strike action' or something similar, had been started by one of our respected members and I had made a number of posts within this thread. Then a new member appeared and repeatedly tried to drag the thread off topic with idiotic remarks, arguing with another member. As a result of this I made a fairly innocuous post. Literally within 2-3 minutes of posting, a moderator from Los Angeles removed my post, banned me for two weeks, and had locked out the thread to further replies !!!

4. A new thread pertaining to strike action was subsequently opened, called "Strike action 2" or similar, since the original had been locked. When someone asked why the original thread was locked out, another moderator replied quote "When it's an important agenda or has substance we'd like to keep the thread on topic". That being so, when I returned from my two week ban, I posted on this new thread. and I said that if the moderators explanation was correct, surely it would have made more sense to remove the offending off topic posts (instead of just mine) and leave the "thread of substance" open rather than locked out. Well of course within a few minutes I was banned yet again for a further two weeks. It seems to me that they are using any little excuse to ban me, and also that some of the UP moderators may well be in the pockets of Uber.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    hamza, Aujezza and Riders Champion like this.
  2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Moderators required for our Perth message board. Please PM me if intrested.

3. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Be very careful not to accidentally allow Uber spies to RSDU. Perhaps have an application requirement that abusing Uber is compulsory

Aujezza, HumungousDill and Sunshine like this.
  4. Riders Champion

Individually private message members on the UP forum to recruit them over here. Use a forum link to make it easier and also tell them not to use the same username or avatar (as I have done), so that they can be a virus to the UP forum in recruiting future members over here.

The forum revolution has begun!

HumungousDill likes this.
  5. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Of course they are! Some of my posts were deleted too :mad:

6. HumungousDill

Excellent ideas ! I'm going to get to work on this.

skyco likes this.
  7. HumungousDill

Well they won't be getting much money from driving that's for sure :D , so I guess some Uber $ received into their secret bank accounts would be most welcome. Maggots

000 likes this.
  8. HumungousDill

I'm not going to have the time to moderate in the coming months but yes this is something that must be kept in mind by whoever does it.

9. skyco

skyco Active Member

They may block/ban the URL if someone files a complaint.

Best to use this short URL instead. This link will lead to this forum:

https://goo.gl/xuOt0C

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017
  10. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

I don't see any feature to pm members in UP.

11. skyco

skyco Active Member

Click the member avatar and then "start a conversation" link. This will pm the member. Not all members have pm enabled but most do. Best to use the short URL mentioned in my earliest post.

12. Aujezza

Aujezza Member

Hi Guys I've just migrated thanks to HD.
    I was also banned for calling someone an imbecile for his posts on the strike post so something was/is going on with Uber moderators.

Riders Champion and skyco like this.
  13. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Welcome, Aujezza. There's no freedom of speech on UP forums. That's why I'm here also. I was always conscious that I was being watched by uber staffers.

Btw, I like the word imbecile :)

Riders Champion, skyco and Aujezza like this.
  14. Aujezza

Aujezza Member

I was being polite! I should have just call him an Onanist and nothing would have happened!lol

Riders Champion likes this.
  15. skyco

skyco Active Member

Welcome @Aujezza !

The UP forum is run by Uber moles. One more asset on Uber's social experiment/deception list i guess...

Riders Champion likes this.
  16. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Yes, use the word starting with "w" :D

17. Riders Champion

Can swear here, so don't need to be witty or intellectual...

"W"....

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  18. HumungousDill

Well I tried using a new username and pm'd a few people. Before long I was banned for "soliciting" and informed that "Links to other groups, blogs, forums, Facebook, or sites that relate to driving aren't permitted".

Initially I used the link
    https://goo.gl/xuOt0C
    but soon it became clear that this was somehow changed to the UP net link ! I found this out because a recipient pm'd me back and informed me they were taken back to UP Net. In the conversation windows, I could see that https://goo.gl/xuOt0C had been changed back to http://ridesharedriversunited.com/forums/Australia/ in the pm that I had sent earlier.
    I then started sending the link with 8 spaces inserted. I got a report back that if the spaces were removed and the link clicked they would be taken to http://ridesharedriversunited.com/forums/Australia/ again.
    Indeed take at look at the screen shot...
    Screenshot (8)_LI - Copy.jpg

This screenshot was taken with the mouse hovering over the link ht tps: / / g oo.gl/ xuO toC (mouse pointer doesnt show up on the screenshot) but note that the link it refers to shown in the bottom left of the screen is none other than http://ridesharedriversunited.com/forums/Australia/
    One recipient was eventually able to get to the site by deleting the 8 spaces then copying the resulting text and pasting it into the web browser address bar, rather than clicking on the modified link directly from the message window.
    Anyone got some better ideas how we can message people.
    It would seem that they have controls in place - hence my ban, hence the detection or reading ? of the pm's, hence the modification of links etc

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  19. Riders Champion

I think they are watching this forum. All they need is one user who tags threads as watch and then they get an email update everytime someone posts. That could even go to a communal inbox so that one person isn't inundated with emails.

Uber still is a company and it will take measures to protect its brand.

Your recent experience proves that the Uber people forums are NOT INDEPENDENT as they claim to be, which is typical of the lies Uber propagates day in day out to drivers and riders alike.

20. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Which forum? UP or RSDU?