1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What do riders think?

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by river view, Feb 4, 2018.

1. river view

river view Member

Can't help asking riders there thoughts on Uber and Taxify. 5 trips and 2 first time Taxify riders but heres a snapshot from my riders.

1. Friends told them Taxify was cheaper. Brazilian traveller and rider from Cronulla Sutherland who does not drive.
    2. Pissed off with Uber Surge pricing. "I feel like I'm paying surcharge all the time and Uber don't always tell me" Lower North Shore rider which is a high surge area.
    3. "I like the discount rides (25%)"
    4. " Sometimes I can't get a Taxify driver and the fall back is Uber. This was an Uber rider who I asked if they used Taxify.

2. coolair

coolair Member

Have you been paid for the rides promptly?

Taxify are no GoCatch. They sure look like giving Uber a good run for thier money.

How long thay can continue to offer these great incentives remain to be seen.

eXploitation likes this.
  3. river view

river view Member

Coolair, Taxify pay on time each week. The pay statements are a bit complicated and need a bit of time to understand. I have been lazy and accepted that the pay is about right.

My Taxify Rider experience
    I signed up to ride with Taxify and did not take a trip. Two weeks later they gave me $35 to use on 5 trips so I booked a couple of rides on Saturday night.

Ride 1. Requested ride 5:30PM: At first, "NO Driver available" then 5 minutes later there was a driver 10 minutes away (Uber driver 17 minutes away). The guy I had had a Taxify 3.9 rating, car was a little old and worn but clean and tidy. Was a little concerned when he started to watch a video on his phone at the lights and then thought better of it and stopped the video. I asked him how it was driving for Taxify and he said Taxify were better than Uber. "Uber never believe the driver. Taxify much better. Taxify listen to the driver". Further along we had to make a right down a side street and I was alarmed as he started to take the turn too early cutting the corner. Phone was moved between two phone holders several times, a stick on sun shade was adjusted several times before being removed. All in all an uncomfortable ride.
    Ride 2. Requested ride at 10:00pm, 6 minutes to arrive, he arrived on time. Driver rated 4.8, he had two phones operating one with Uber and the other with Taxify. Conversation was easy and driving was good. A comfortable ride home. Thankyou.

I am an infrequent user of rideshare services but would probably not use Taxify again unless a discount was being offered.

eXploitation likes this.
  4. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Thank you for the insight @river view.