1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Changing car with Ola

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Derek, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek New Member

Anyone using Ola thinking of changing your car here is a tip. If you can delay it then wait a while. On the weekend I hit a roo on my way home on Roe . I have been renting a car and got it changed over the next day but when I went to update the paperwork with Ola I encountered problems on the app so I called them and long story short after 3 phone calls and a few emails I am told their platform doesn't allow you to change your vehicle.

That is unbelievable that they could build a rideshare app with that oversight. They said they are working on it but might be around mid to late May before they have the ability to change the vehicle or add another vehicle. I made my frustration very clear to them.

So be warned, if you are thinking of changing your car over my advice just hold off until it is possible to change vehicles with Ola otherwise you will not be able to work on Ola.

2. They are a disgrace.

I hired a car a month ago while my car is being repaired. Thankfully Uber and Taxify allowed me to drive with the new HIRE car immediately. Of course Ola only added the New Car feature last week.

Yesterday I applied to add the Hire Car to my Ola profile. It was rejected today because the car was already assigned to another Ola drivers profile.

So I phoned Ola today to advise them that I have been Hiring this car for the past month and my Name is on the Hertz Rental agreement. Ola advised me that there is nothing they can do as once a car is assigned to someone they cannot then add it to another driver.

I then asked them to remove the car from the other driver's profile as he/she is no longer hiring the car - I am. They said they can't do this but I could contact the previous driver and ask them to call Ola to remove the car. I said fine, can you give me their details and they said No they can't share that information. So I asked how can I contact them? Then I asked if they could contact the previous driver and ask if the car could be removed from their profile and they said "No" they can't do this either. So they are not helping me at all.

This could affect a LOT of DRIVERS with Ola who HIRE a car. If that car has been driven for Ola previously then the chances are you will not be able to drive it for Ola as it will still be assigned to a previous driver.

This is not right nor is it fair. It is affecting my income and livelihood.

What should I do about this? Take Legal Action against Ola or go to A Current Affair?

I hope Rideshare United can help out here. Frustrated - Craig

3. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

We've been informed the issue has been rectified. You can now change cars on the Ola platform.

4. Derek

Derek New Member

I emailed Ola to tell them to remove a Nissan Xtrail I was driving when I first joined Ola which was a rented vehicle. They said they don't currently have a feature to remove vehicles. Lol, first you couldn't add another vehicle now you can't remove one which means any Uber driver who rents that vehicle cannot add it on Ola. Just ridiculous!

5. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Poorly designed platform/app unfortunately. But not too bad when it does work.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018