1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

[ENDED] Uber Log-Off – 22/8/2018

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uberx zoom, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Following Uber’s failure to respond to our demands, Ride Share Drivers United are announcing a further 2 hours Log-OFF strike this coming Wednesday, 22/8/2018 from 3:00pmuntil 5:00pm.

We are calling on all drivers to switch OFF their Uber driver app and refrain from taking Uber bookings between the hours of 3:00PM until 5:00PM on that day (Wednesday 22 August 2018 ). Drivers are encouraged to continue taking bookings from all other rideshare operators during the time of the strike, operators which (unlike Uber) do not use predatory pricing tactics like “Upfront pricing” or pool and clearly show the destination address to the driver when sending in a booking.

This is a national Uber strike with drivers in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, and Hobart taking part.

Uber, a multibillion dollar corporation, holding close to 90% of the ride share market in Australia continue to exploit, shortchange, cheat and lie to drivers under our Government(s) watchful eyes. Dragging the entire ride share industry in a fast race to the bottom.

Click this link to read the full announcement, drivers demands and highlighted list of issues:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/uber-log-off-wednesday-2282018-300pm-until-500pm/

Little Red Corvette likes this.
  2. Great i inboxed many members on the Uber People forum informing them about the strike asking them to come here.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2018
  3. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

I've deactivated and deleted my uber account so, I am in effect striking...?

Uberx zoom likes this.
  4. Myshkin

Myshkin New Member

My contribution:

Uberx zoom likes this.
  5. Uberx zoom

Great video! Keep up the good work.

6. Uberx zoom