1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Some of UP forum mods may be Uber Employees

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by skyco, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Put it in all of our signatures.

Laughter likes this.
  2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

They'll ban you if you do. Best to Use PM and in moderation :)

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

We need to promote this forum heavily. I only found out about this forum by chance. While in the other forum UP I asked what was R S D U. Was told to google it and here I am. RSDU is banned in UP and cannot be included in the posts. o_O

Laughter likes this.
  4. skyco

skyco Active Member

I use "R S D U" or R.S.D.U to avoid the filters. The UP forum is against anything that may conflict with Uber. Users cant even mention the word Lyft. It is obviously an Uber owned and operated message board.

The moderator Grand is an Uber employee.

Uberx zoom and Laughter like this.
  5. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

It's obvious. He sticks out like dogs balls :D

Laughter and skyco like this.
  6. Laughter

Laughter Member

Moderator Grand is also a driver. So I wonder what role he plays at Uber if he does indeed work there.

7. skyco

skyco Active Member

So he claims but looking at his past posts (use UP's search option to look at "Tiktak" earlier posts from the start of 2016) and you'd notice he has a lot of inside Uber (management) information. Many of his posts look like the perfect Uber script.

Full time drivers, driving mainly base rates in Melbourne (as he/Tiktak claims) would not give Uber the same respect he seems to give. They fucking hate Uber's mind games. Ask any full time driver.

Sounds like a duck, walks like a duck...must be a duck.

8. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Riders Champion and Uberx zoom like this.
  9. HumungousDill

Sorry to double post but we are a bit lean on members over on the Perth side at the moment ;)

Well I tried using a new username and pm'd a few people. Before long I was banned for "soliciting" and informed that "Links to other groups, blogs, forums, Facebook, or sites that relate to driving aren't permitted".

Initially I used the link
    https://goo.gl/xuOt0C
    but soon it became clear that this was somehow changed to the UP net link ! I found this out because a recipient pm'd me back and informed me they were taken back to UP Net. In the conversation windows, I could see that https://goo.gl/xuOt0C had been changed back to http://ridesharedriversunited.com/forums/Australia/ in the pm that I had sent earlier.
    I then started sending the link with 8 spaces inserted. I got a report back that if the spaces were removed and the link clicked they would be taken to http://ridesharedriversunited.com/forums/Australia/ again.
    Indeed if you look at the screen shot

Screenshot (8)_LI - Copy.jpg
    This screenshot was taken with the mouse hovering over the link ht tps: / / g oo.gl/ xuO toC (mouse pointer doesnt show up on the screenshot) but note that the link it refers to shown in the bottom left of the screen is none other than http://ridesharedriversunited.com/forums/Australia/
    I recipient was eventually able to get to the site by deleting the 8 spaces then copying the link and pasting it into the web browser address bar, rather than clicking on the modified link directly from the message window.
    Anyone got some better ideas how we can message people.
    It would seem that they have controls in place - hence my ban, hence the detection or reading ? of the pm's, hence the modification of links etc

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Uberx zoom likes this.
  10. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

This is brilliant. ADMIN, maybe you can find that setting here, given it is the same skin, and have all the links ever sent over pm anywhere by anyone to anyone on this board, redirect to RSDU? Specifically to some nasty article about Uber using dirty spying/trolling/stalking tricks haha.

That would be fun. :D

Riders Champion, admin and Uberx zoom like this.
  11. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

We are not into such games here at RSDU. :)

PMs are exactly as the name suggests, private messages.

We have no access here at RSDU to anyone's PM's and we'll never will. We find the idea appalling!

RSDU belives that members should enjoy PRIVACY and most importantly free speech to all.

Riders Champion likes this.
  12. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

When pm people, instead of posting the link, just post the name of this site. Maybe with spaces?

HumungousDill and admin like this.
  13. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Exactly. Google searches work!

When you search for ridesharing the third search result is a thread from this forum!

Uberx zoom likes this.
  14. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Best to search "Ride share drivers united" or "R S D U" to ensure the correct google results.

Images with text on work too. I will post some soon.

15. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Someone told me to google R S D U and it led me here.

16. HumungousDill

As far as I know its not possible to attach an image in a pm :(

17. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

hi folks
    a total infestation over there on UP and has been for a while or even from the start
    I even mentioned it in my virgin post and thread almost a year ago
    its almost as if real drivers don't even get on there apart from the brave few
    I myself haven't driven for a crust for over a decade so don't give...