1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Strike Media/News thread!

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uberx zoom, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

Oh no, Vin Diesel now controlling the mass media according to Instyle who is talking to your banned self over at UP (just how paranoid these people are??)

Now what, Channel seven is also spamming?? Ban Channel Seven!!! No wait. Do they have a forum???

Uberx zoom likes this.
  3. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

4. Uberx zoom

Thanks. Updated the OP.

5. pajala

pajala New Member

News.com.au reports the an Uber respresentative has advised the often had round table if this is true how do we get a seat at the table or is this just not true

6. Uberx zoom

Updated the op with a link to media coverage page...

7. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

Apologies for The Australian link, it goes to subscription page. Should have pasted the full text yesterday but in the mad rush it didn't happen. In the meantime, it is slightly different from the other papers, so here goes:

Melbourne Uber drivers strike for day over pay, safety

People looking to catch an Uber in Melbourne today may have to hail a taxi instead as Uber drivers are urged to go on strike today until 5pm.

RideShare Drivers United is calling for all of their members and other Uber drivers to logoff in protest over allegations of poor pay and working conditions, safety concerns and Uber’s failure to respond to their list of demands.

Melbourne drivers’ list of demands includes consultation with drivers on base rates, which the RSDU argued should be increased to match Sydney rates and allow for flexibility to compensate for petrol price fluctuations.

Drivers are also asking for a limit to the number of hours a driver can work per day and the flag fall should increase by $2 once the state government levy is introduced.

“Current base fares in Melbourne are too low and leave very little take home profit for drivers after calculating all car expenses and most importantly, fast car value depreciation,” the RSDU said.

“At current base rates, many drivers are now finding themselves having to drive much longer shifts, with no daily limits just so they can make ends meet. Drivers working 12-16 hour shifts are fast becoming the norm.”

The RDSU said it intended to intensify and prolong service disruptions over the coming weeks until Uber meets their full list of demands.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  8. Uberx zoom

Uber lies. I have never heard about those so called "round table Uber meetings", RSDU was never invited to one and i doubt any other driver in Melbourne ever heard about the "meetings" BEFORE our strike yesterday. The 3rd strike since RSDU was formed..

It is my opinion the meetings only serve as a way for Uber to tag the organizers, tame and keep them under control. See RSDAA case, Uber has turned them into a useless organisation.

Uber know what our demands are, sustainable base rates first and foremost. What is there to talk about really?.... lift the bloody rates and stop flooding the streets with new drivers!

Here it is again. RSDU List of demands.
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/melbourne-uber-drivers-list-of-demands/

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    Riders Champion and Saul Goodman like this.
  9. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

I remember reading something about similar 'round table' experience in the US where the Uber dude miserably failed to answer any real questions and had to shut down the meeting early. Following that he resigned and Uber came up with 'guess what, we need to treat our drivers better' type of announcement, published all over the place, including here.

I am guessing, if such meetings do exist in Australia, drivers don't need RSDU, anyone should be able to attend and ask their questions. Why don't I use my app to ask the muppet on duty when is the next round table meeting? :rolleyes:

Uberx zoom likes this.
  10. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Exactly right ! Rates could be increased just as quickly as they reduced rates i.e overnight, if they wanted.

They've had round tables, coffee meets and surveys etc in Perth, all totally useless muppet circuses, they just pretend to care but do nothing. IMHO in this case they would just be diluting the efforts of the RSDU and stalling for an infinite amount of time i.e nothing of substance would ever eventuate.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  11. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

Now that is something we can all agree on.

HumungousDill and Uberx zoom like this.
  12. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

That one (Uber dude turned out to be Uber President :)): http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39347726

Mr Jones held a Q+A session with drivers in February which provoked angry responses - one driver remarked: "The ONLY thing you made clear to the majority of us is that you don't have ANY productive answers."

HumungousDill, Uberx zoom and admin like this.
  13. samid

samid New Member

hi every one im very happy to be the group i was talking about this kind of unity long time we driver should control uber not uber controling us
    i would like to say thanks the organizer for strick on monday it is just beginning.
    im always with you guys.
    the only advice anyone be smart not expose yourself dont put your real name
    lets we do next setp fuckn uber we gone show them our power
    thanks max

14. samid

samid New Member

hi admin need more member

Saul Goodman likes this.
  15. Uberx zoom

Thanks buddy. Welcome to our forum!

16. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Well done. Keep up the good work and congratulations! :)

Uberx zoom likes this.
  17. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

If you try to pm members on the other forum , UP net, they (Uber) reportedly read/intercept the pms and will ban you. I would suggest you all give the link to this RSDU forum (and its facebook page) to some of your driver friends who you trust and ask them to do tbe same.

Riders Champion likes this.
  18. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Instyle said they only read PM's if a user reports the message.

So PM those whom you know first, and wait for their replies before getting to the masses.

The mods can delete you when they ban you and then all your messages would go too, I would imagine..

HumungousDill likes this.