1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Deactivated?

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Riders Champion, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Anyone here currently NOT an active driver? Why? Tell us what happened...

2. Laughter

Laughter Member

I'm focusing on my own business at present. But I am still active. Not sure if there is a rule or if it is enforced but i drive once a month and that's kept me on the books.

Riders Champion likes this.
  3. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

I did 5 weeks last year. Got a system email before 4 weeks. It was a multiple choice questionnaire on why I wasn't driving. I selected other - none of your damn business, and then added that I would be back in around 10 days. Went online and it was business as usual.

Laughter likes this.
  4. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Havent even started

Hamish Solomons and mule like this.
  5. mule

mule Member

And you're feeling exploited by Uber already??

6. Hahahaha ur killing me

mule likes this.
  7. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Its a trash concept and threatens workers rights big time
    Think of it as a filthy big trojan horse being pulled into the fortress of dignity and value for the common man so it can unload scam contract slavery into its midsts

When i started working everyone was union
    A few corporate trend cycles and companies later i am one of the few left still union and the rest just say they cant justify five hundred bucks a year
    They might have a point as who knows how many unions are 'owned' by the industry bosses and are having a lend of us

Goobers is idealised as the champion of the gig economy by the corporate masters
    The exact bit work that the first unions a century ago got formed to fight against yet us dopes say yeah who cares im alright jack
    If anything technology has divided us and enabled the corporates to control the messages
    the digital space is essentially monopolised and the most dollars wins in this game
    The smaller players end up looking like marginal and whacky with no cred in the mainstream

Once upon a time i was out on my arse and had to survive driving taxi for a good few years with a young family of three small children
    I used to think in those days... nobody really gives a shit about you and about your conditions yet i was grateful it was there as a last resort
    Yet these poor conditions have been allowed to get much worse and with a revolutionary once in a lifetime technology supercorp in the middle of this fall
    ruined the backup for all and worldwide

FUCK UBER

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Riders Champion and mule like this.
  8. mule

mule Member

Just wait until more people in other industries become 'gig workers' on faux contracts.

When more people are working for bottom dollar there is less money for consumers to spend on discretionary services such. People love it now but the consequences of this new underemployed class will affect all of our society. Basically, the consumer is the winner for now but for how long can people stay the consumer before they themselves become worthless?

eXploitation and Riders Champion like this.