1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Alternatives to Uber

Discussion in 'Brisbane | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Ahri Tallon, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Ahri Tallon

Ahri Tallon New Member

Hi folks,

I am interested in meeting up with drivers in Brisbane to discuss alternatives to Uber. I agree there needs to be a push to make them abide by the law but I also believe there is good opportunity in entirely new ethical or cooperatively owned platforms.

See Better Ride: betterride.io a platform in NYC that gives more back to drivers and will become drive owned through share distribution.

Then there is the Green Taxi coop in Denver: http://greentaxico-op.com/

In Barcelona the Govt has banned Uber and drivers are forming a platform cooperative.

What do people think about these ideas? My view is the internet monopolies will take over the world and centralise all the profit unless we form democratic platform cooperatives to balance the ownership of the economy out.

Thoughts?

KawanaPete likes this.
  2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Definitely a great concept and somthing to think about...

3. Ahri Tallon

Ahri Tallon New Member

Awesome. I am organising a meeting of folks interested in getting organised in Brisbane. Keen to talk to you about it Uberx Zoom :) 0490 510 812

4. Old post, but I just joined but have history in the ridesharing game. I actually own a ridesharing worker cooperative called urban mobility co-operative inc. Started in 2004. But due to professional work it was dormant until I realized the ridesharing landscape was not serving the drivers and they should have a stronger position of power. The worker self directed enterprise is two fold to increase payouts and benefits to existing Uber and Lyft drivers by acting as a stronger negotiating body. But second if needed to have a driver owned rideshare company, I have named it for now rideUM to serve the community and be able to work where UBER has been kicked out. Having a strong worker run competitor will make the landscape fairer for the consumer and the driver.

skyco likes this.