1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Uber driver surveillance/tracking/ deactivating and

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Ross, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Hi, I’m writing an article about workplace surveillance for Sydney based newspaper/website. Wondering if anyone has had issues with how Uber tracks your movements/activities and uses that to pressure you; or if you’ve been ‘deactivated’ for some assumed wrongdoing or customer complaint etc.

Your anonymity, if required, will be assured. More interested in kind of big brother surveillance tactics they use and how it impacts on drivers, stress wise and otherwise.

You can contact me discreetly at info@rossduncan.com.au and work out best way to have a chat from there.

I trust this is an appropriate use of this forum. Please advise if not.

Thanks a lot.

2. qykzoo

qykzoo New Member

Have had an instance of "excessive phone movement" but no real explanation on what is means

3. On my Samsung S8 there is a new feature that tell you when an App seeks permission in the background. The Uber driver App is the only one popping up every few hours getting location information even though the App is not in use and closed. It does that all day but I haven't been pressured by anyone.