1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Ubers GST Rip Off

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Derek, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek New Member

How about Ubers GST rip off? Since December 1st 2017 Uber are charging us for their GST disguised as a "service fee". Drivers that were on 80% now only get 78% and drivers like myself on 75% now only getting 72.5%. This is blatant exploitation of low paid workers and the tax office is doing nothing about it. I contacted them in February and they asked me to file a tax evasion report. I heard nothing and followed up with it yesterday over the phone and they said Uber can charge what they like I don't have to use them. Lol what a bunch of idiots. I told them you are meant to serve the public mate, you let them get away with murder.

He then suggested I report them to the ombudsman so I did so yesterday to the Fair Work Ombudsman. Will keep you posted on that outcome. We are in effect paying 12% and 12.5% GST respectively. What the hell do we have governments for? They are useless and will do whatever suits them.

They realize how much benefit Uber is to the economy and taking people off centrelink they are prepared to turn a blind eye. Our governments are weak as piss.

2. Jason

Jason Member

Uber is not really that great for the Economy because it's an export.
    It's using the money there in the Economy and most likely taking almost all of the 25% out.
    Yeah people can move around more, but when they do, the Economy is losing almost 25% out of every trip.

eXploitation and Uberx zoom like this.
  3. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

this disgusting entity is actually a dead loss to the economy at many levels, plus - there is no way anybody on centrelink would risk losing any payments doing this rubbish.

in any case it is dead easy to make any profits to be showing below threshholds - one of the levels i was alluding to

4. Jason

Jason Member

The GST is a bloody pain in the ass. Don't get any joy or thanks for doing the paperwork etc.
    Just wasted, time, fines bla bla bla.