1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Driving Uber full time?… You may be owed money in lost wage and Fair Work entitlements!

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uberx zoom, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Driving Uber full time?… You may be owed money in lost wage and Fair Work entitlements!

Update 23/6/2017: Following RSDU’s application, the Fair Work Ombudsman has now launched an official investigation into Uber suspected wage fraud and drivers miss classification. Drivers who wish to take part in this investigation please click the link below and fill out the online form. Your information will be passed on to Fair Work and you may be contacted by them to organise for a recorded interview. Please only apply if you've been driving for Uber for a year or more and drive on average 35 hours per week or more. Drivers from all states may apply.

More info here:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/fwo-investigation-into-uber-submission-form/

Aujezza likes this.
  2. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

This is great news. At last we have a chance to voice our grievances to a body that has tbe power to do something.

All full time Perth drivers please take advantage of tbis opportunity, we probably will never get another opportunity like this ever again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017
    Uberx zoom likes this.
  3. HumungousDill

Good work Max as usual. The only problem I see here is that there are very few drivers remaining after 1 year. Even at the 3 month mark drivers have realised the reality and become jaded and will leave if they can. Couldn't the survey be made available to full time drivers who have been driving at least 6 months instead of 12 months ?

Aujezza likes this.
  4. Traveller

Traveller New Member

I have been driving since February 2016 and would have been happy to take part but only drive for an average of 8 to 12 hours a week. Maybe this is why I am not so jaded!!! I have to admit to enjoying my experiences when driving, which is why I do it and would add that it is not really for the money (fortunately!). That aside, there are a number of issues that I do not like including that UBER goes out of their way to be secretive, verging on being underhanded and make it so difficult to contact them.

HumungousDill and Cold Gin like this.
  5. HumungousDill

Well said Traveller, in fact I can't think of anything good to say about Uber. The flexible hours are a good feature, its just a pity one dont get a fair return for one's efforts, and a pity that Uber is such a scumbag company.

Its a different playing field for the part timers as you say. Its more like just driving for fun; and being able to cherry pick the busiest hours avoids the negative feelings one gets after working the 'other' hours for peanuts.

A win against Uber will be a win for all drivers

6. It's a scam

It's a scam New Member

It's goodbye from me, no more gst or bass to comply with, my monthly insurance has gone down from $55 per month to $8 per month and I'm taking my car back