1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Dismiss Notice

Intro... not yet driver, blocked by "10-year-rule"

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by westoz, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Hi guys & gals...

Been having a bunfight with Uber, done all the hard yards in getting set up after about 8 months of contemplation. F-extension on MDL, check. 4 door medium to large sedan, check. Able to pass inspection (clean car, low K's, undamaged, mechanically sound), check. DoT change to CVL, check. Change fully comp insurance from "private" to "rideshare", check. Car less than 10 years old, uh-oh.

No amount of my appeals to Uber to change the rules has shown any chance of success. My car is a 2006 Honda Accord V6 Luxury with lots of tech upgrades (fully integrated 10" screen with GPS, mobile mirroring, internet, bluetooth, front camera, reversing camera etc etc). It's a luxury class car and bloody nice to ride in, yet Uber in their wisdom won't relax the (now defunct) rule that the DoT had in place but since rescinded some 2 years ago regarding rideshare cars being no more than 10 years old. Surely Uber should revisit this rule and judge potential rideshare cars on their own merits?

Contacted Hi Oscar who confirm that age is not a factor, only has to pass inspection for CVL. Therefore, I could go with Oscar tomorrow, only prob is that I'm in Bunbury... not many pax here :(.

Anyone else on here had the same issues?

2. coolair

coolair Member

Uber is unlikly to change the rules based on individual requests. Try registering with Ola.

3. Aint got Ola down here in Bunbury as yet...........

coolair likes this.