1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Morning Peak $40/hr Guaranteed, but...

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Syd-Uberer, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Syd-Uberer

Syd-Uberer New Guest Member

Anyone else got this email?

Uber knows the mornings have become hopeless. 2 months ago, it was a cash frenzy with heaps of demand, good surge and not many drivers in the early morning.

Now it's flooded with ants, surge comes and goes much faster or hardly appears unless it's pouring.

So $40/hr sounds good? Well it's a load of shit!

Conditions to qualify:
    • Opt in by registering through the button above
    • Complete at least 1.5 trips per hour that you're online
    • Accept at least 80% of trip requests
    • Only trips completed after you opt in are eligible for the incentive
    • At least 50% of completed trips begin in the incentive service area
    • Destination trips don't count
    • $40/hr guaranteed before Uber commission
    The last one really seals the deal. Jump through all the hoops, if you're a good little ant you will qualify, and be guaranteed to earn at least what you normally would anyway!

What a joke!!

Attached Files:

2. second person to mention something like this on here @Hamish Solomons you said something too today or yesterday i recall. i havent got it so i assume its targeted at only certain groups of drivers.

Syd-Uberer likes this.
  3. Syd-Uberer

@Hamish Solomons did you used to drive mornings and stopped recently?

I think they might be trying to entice those back to mornings. But going about it the wrong way with a hopeless offer like this!

4. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

I didn't get this email. WTF is Uber doing dishing out incentives to only some drivers?

They treat us like we are lab rats. Half get the incentive the other half is a control group. Then they just watch us to see if they can modify our behaviour with carrot and stick.

5. I do regular mornings in an irregular way. I live inside the core areas so I thought that was why I got the offer ahead of others.

Syd-Uberer and Saul Goodman like this.
  6. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

I didn't get it!

Elepante Nathan and Saul Goodman like this.
  7. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

It's a shame that as independent businesses we have so little insight into how they manipulate us. Some consultation would be nice before they go out and change fundamental aspects to our way of generating income. Like the way pings come in or how they are allocated. I think we deserve to be enlightened. Right now I feel like they treat us as rats spoon feeding us occasionally only what they want us to know and nothing more.

Riders Champion likes this.
  8. Riders Champion

We are pond scum to them. Just look at how the UP mods have been treating us. It's all the same rhetoric from Uber and UP. It's ugly and something should be done about it. That's why I am here at RSDU, and my strength or contribution to the group is to be online all of the time and keep this Sydney forum buzzing! (For its a Melbourne group really, but in time we'll all need it's reach).

Did you know some drivers were offered 1.3x surge fixed as a boost fare rate for mornings a few weeks ago?

For those Melbournites reading this, that's a 1.9x surge boost for you!

How can it be kept so secret? I only found out through other drivers.

9. Syd-Uberer

Yeah when you realise how they treat us, it's hardly an ability to be an independent contractor when in fact your business is being dictated by them.

We're basically employees without any employee entitlements or rights and constantly at the mercy of them as disposable tools of their trade!

10. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Divide and conquer. Uber thrives on this methodology.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Elepante Nathan and Saul Goodman like this.
  11. Riders Champion

@mule
    Have you seen this one?

12. mule

mule Member

Nope