1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

OLA in Perth

Discussion in 'Australia | Ola Forum' started by HumungousDill, Mar 14, 2018.

1. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Ola has been running in Perth approximately three weeks now with an introductory offer of 7.5% commission for three months for those who signed up early.

I can hardly be bothered rideshare driving anymore nowadays, I find the whole experience somewhat traumatic: with the $1/km rates and surrounded by a other drivers who are too apathetic to do anything about their situation except complain or suffer in silence. But I thought I would give Ola a try nonetheless.

The first week I wasted because I had a problem getting onboarded due to a document that didn't upload properly. All sorted when I went to meet the OLA muppets and I was put online later that day.

Have been very impressed with their marketing, giving free rides to the pax, probably the only way to wrestle some market share off Uber.

The first weekend online I was getting non stop pings and had to turn the Uber app off; made plenty of money.
    Second week Uber was giving me many more pings than Ola, presumably because Ola were no longer giving the cheapsskate pax free rides, but only 50% off instead. Made only normal earnings.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out. Will this be a race to the bottom ? How will the taxis survive ?

eXploitation likes this.
  2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

How do you find their driver app?

Bases Loaded likes this.
  3. Jason

Jason Member

Its interesting how customers are starting to relize how there rideshare drivers are living on shit.
    They are starting to learn and without bringing it up, they do, how lower pacentage taken off us helps.

eXploitation likes this.
  4. Derek

Derek New Member

50% and 30% discount is still unbelievably generous so hard to fathom why more customers are not moving over to Ola. I think it is just plain laziness. A lot of Uber riders I have asked have you heard of Ola they are starting to say yes but people are creatures of habit so it's just going to take time and people are just plain lazy.

But when I explain to them they are paying the same price as Uber, they don't surge the price and the drivers are earning 20% more then 12.5% more after the honeymoon period ends they are impressed.

A few things Ola need to sort out :
    1. Too often jobs cancel almost immediately after I accept and sometimes says your customer has cancelled or it has been allocated to another driver. I don't like this and don't believe the customer is canceling it. Once you accept the ride it should not be offered to another driver.

2. Every time I receive an Ola ping my media and ringtone volumes go to maximum. I then have to turn them down when I activate navigation. Is everyone experiencing the same or is it just me?

3. As soon as you switch screens when you go back to navigation you have to start it again. It is a bit inconvenient.

4. Would like to see a weekly tally of our earnings.

eXploitation likes this.
  5. Jason

Jason Member

I don't do Ola thing anymore at all. Customer service is completely crap and with Uber checking Visa's shortly.
    The surges are coming back. But still the 98 cents a km is a joke. Ola now even less

Rates should be the same in all cities in Australia.
    40 hr week after costs we only avarage $10 a hour.

6. coolair

coolair Member

Ola's $0.98 p/km is after commission deduction, not forgetting that GST is collected from the customer on top of that and passed on to you.

Uber pays $1.15 per KM but you need to pay from your own pocket the 11.5cents in GST + 25% commission (-$0.25) to Uber. The per KM with Uber is only $0.785 after all deductions which is pretty much break e even with the cost of runing a vehicle in victoria (about $0.77 per/km).

You earn better with OLA. Not much better, but better.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  7. Jason

Jason Member

No surges with Ola and if there app has a glitch. There app that is.

Out of no control, like has happened to many.
    Your logged out for 3 days. Stupid

coolair likes this.