1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Payments delayed this week

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Saul Goodman, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

Just noticed my pay has not gone in today. I understand Uber says it'll be anytime before Thursday so I am not complaining but I hope it goes in soon because my tank is sitting on empty and can't drive until we get paid.

2. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

What about FLEX pay?
    You can do that everyday if you wish.
    I heard some drivers do.

Elepante Nathan likes this.
  3. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

according to a driver I met, the Flex pay feature has only been rolled out to 30% of drivers and I am not in that lucky group. Nor was he.

Elepante Nathan likes this.
  4. Here we go again with drivers being treated differently! No boost offered for me, No promotions offered. And no Flex pay. What criteria is used to get these things?

Hamish Solomons and mule like this.
  5. Cold Gin

Cold Gin Member

What is boost?

mule likes this.
  6. Riders Champion

A guaranteed higher rate between two periods of time in specific core region(s).

Cold Gin likes this.
  7. Riders Champion

8. mule

mule Member

What?? How do I get this? Is everyone else getting this boost offer or is it just me that is missing out?

9. Just from seeing members reactions here, which is a very small sample size, it looks like most are NOT getting this. TWO have acknowledged/claimed it from what I've seen.

mule likes this.
  10. mule

mule Member

Seems a little manipulative of Uber to provide a financial advantage to a portion of partners without disclosing the selection criteria that they use. There is no transparency with Uber at all. They certainly don't treat partners as independent contractors.

eXploitation and Riders Champion like this.
  11. Riders Champion

I haven't got the offers.
    I shared what a mate sent me.
    My rating is miles above his.
    My acceptance rate 100%
    And cancel rate amicable from 0%-25% depending on how pissed off i get with no shows.
    I believe he got the offer over me because he works at those times more often than i do.
    Uber probably sends offers to those most likely to accept.
    Don't want the whole army flooding the market all at once.
    But I have the same frustrations as you guys, why not tell us upfront?

mule likes this.
  12. mule

mule Member

It's just offensive IMO that we (or at least I) drive in those same areas and times but don't get the same opportunity as other drivers. Same work, different playing field.

Riders Champion likes this.
  13. Riders Champion

Another theory by a driver was that he had been doing mornings flat out for a few months and then stopped entirely. Within a few weeks he started getting promo offers. Perhaps that it?

mule likes this.
  14. Riders Champion

why dangle a good carrot in front of a donkey thats already doing what you want it to?

mule likes this.
  15. mule

mule Member

That's the most plausible reason I've heard so far.

Last year I stopped doing Uber for a few months and they offered me $100 if I did 10 trips. I took the bait, I'm still driving!

Riders Champion likes this.
  16. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

I bet surges and no drivers must have been stressing the shit out of the muppets

17. Cold Gin

Cold Gin Member

My partner and I both received Boost offers (I hadn't realised it was called that) which were in operation during the Australian GP, around a limited section of the circuit. But, as is often the case with Uber incentives, unless a dedicated effort is made to drive - logged off - to the specified zone at the specific time, one has precisely nought chance of taking advantage of it. In my case, the time which would be wasted makes it thoroughly unworthwhile.

mule and Riders Champion like this.
  18. Riders Champion

Yeah, we need to read the long fine print and decide whether we are likely to meet that criteria or not.

mule likes this.