1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Recent Uber story on 9's current affairs show

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uberx zoom, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Uber was featured recently on channel 9's current affair a show, in what seem to have been a one sided all out attack on Uber drivers! Painting most as "cowboys".

While there is no doubt there are some "cowboys" on the platform, the numbers are definitely not more than in any other industry. The vast majority of drivers we know and talk to are hard working honest drivers.

This cheap attempt by channel 9's "current affairs" to paint hard working Uber drivers as dodgy is inaccurate and does not sit right with the actual feedback received from the public. Uber is successful in Australia and around the world as a direct result of the excellent level of service (versus cost) that it offers passengers.

It is sad seeing drivers like "nona" painting the entire platform with such colors, hurting business for so many other drivers just so they can get some cheap self TV promotion.

Yes, Uber is not perfect but it is far better than taxis. Full stop.

Link:
    https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/14...mers-unfair-driver-says-latest-news-australia

2. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

3. Well considering many Uber drivers like myself are ex-cabbies; your comments are interesting to say the least.
    As a cabbie, I had self-respect and didn't have to kiss arses to earn the equivalent of a bus fare. Cest la Vie ! Also, I didn't need an app to get to my destination.