1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Dismiss Notice

Rideshare Cooperative - Platform owned by drivers

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by river view, Jun 4, 2018.

1. river view

river view Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. river view

river view Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  3. river view

river view Member

4. Couldn't agree more. I own a rideshare cooperative Urban Mobility that we started back in 2004. I wound it down when my main career made it impractical. Fortunately, I have begun to refocus on this industry and believe there are two paths to take. Organize existing Uber drivers into a worker self directed enterprise and contract the UBER software but take ownership of all aspects of pricing, income splitting and driver/fleet management. Or two cut off the UBER tech completely and use an open app to deliver the same user experience and be 100% worker/driver run.

Imagine local chapters of drivers getting together to help share routes, clients best practices. Better still a collective economy of scale to fund group benefits; disability insurance, retirement pensions, group discounts etc.

Paraphrasing Marx; the Capitalist system has created the workers and shovels to bury the capitalists.

John
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnaburns/