1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

So GoCatch failed but Taxify wont?? (Launching in Mel today)

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Moober68, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/u...ourne-launch-on-thursday-20180124-h0ntzv.html

Fast-growing ride-sharing company Taxify, now operating in 24 countries, is launching in Melbourne, promising passengers capped surge charges and better pay for drivers.

More than 10,000 Melbourne drivers have already registered with the Estonian company, lured by its offer to charge a 15 per cent commission. Rival Uber charges a 20 to 25 per cent commission on each fare.

1) Didn't know they were Estonian :)
    2) Not sure how they can offer cheaper rides and pay drivers better at the same time (I know commission is lower but still doesn't add up with suggested Australian ride discounts 25% according to The Age)
    3) Anybody driven with them already?

eXploitation likes this.
  2. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

I was getting quite a few pings from taxify this morning, but didn't take any rides because Uber was surging x2.7-3.2 at the same time. I also want to know Taxify are better than gocatch when it comes to payment before i commit too many rides.

Last i checked taxify pay the same base rates to drivers like Uber, but takes only 15% commission. They also offer drivers some great incentives.

Watch Uber ups the incentives anti shortly ;)

3. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

Well right now Taxify is offering free rides to everyone. Like $20 to the airport sort of thing. I would be curious to hear from a driver what does this translate into in terms of pay rates. :rolleyes:
    Obviously how exactly the payment works is another good question.

4. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

Taxifty are paying the driver the full fare, regardless (plus some other extra incentives). They pay the fare discount out of thier own pocket.

5. coolair

coolair Member

They've been running in NSW for a few weeks. Check the Sydney board.