1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Some good pictures from Community Voice QLD twitter

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Moober68, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

2. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

I think it is on that twitter page I read that Fareworks (who just busted United Petroleum group - once again - only for a handful of outlets abusing their, mostly expatriate, staff) would not look at Uber until its fully legislated in some kind of way. Otherwise they don't know what to look at, not in their scope. Can anyone confirm?

Until then, Uber dodginess may only be a case for, well, ACCC. But ACCC do not prosecute. They rule, but don't go after offenders, it is up to consumers to sue. ACCC ruling will help. Long and painful story by the sounds of it.

3. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

Which brings us back to the only conclusion. We drivers are the only ones who can help our situation and fight for a change. No one else will...

4. Dimmi Quando

Dimmi Quando Member

There are a couple interesting posts on UP regarding new drivers (brand new out of the oven just signed up sort of type) being misled by Uber in the process of signing up. Experienced drivers are asking them pointed questions, such as - have you been made aware of X,Y,Z? The answer is always no, of course.

As we experienced drivers may not remember how and what we knew when we just started, and also as Uber keeps changing the rules twice a week on average, even if we did remember it wouldn't matter anymore, it is these noobs and their testimony that needs to be exposed more, maybe even through the media. Have the same questions, we all know what they are, asked by any reporter to any Uber noob. Have the answers published for all to see. Enough said!

5. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

And this one was whacked on Uber Facebook page by one of the drivers (not RSDU related as far as I can tell):

[​IMG]

6. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

with the manipulation and more accurately the suppression of surge worldwide - because goobers is in a serious panic about actually finding a way to make money with this latest concept if you remember the cartoon cars NYT article - the driver/partner can basically give up already
    just not possible with the way traffic moves in most areas to make much as the timer fare is far too low
    then if it were higher and more profitable you would just get another wave of noobs jumping in and minimising ping frequency - still stuffed
    I fully understand why RSDU is saying that fare needs to increase from a strategic standpoint as it means goobers is made accountable for the welfare of its partners
    and not have a free hand at exploiting them because where does it stop
    basically you have to start somewhere and have something to aim for

what is truly upsetting and contemptable is the Victorian State Governments views on operator viability since the 2012 allan foolls reforms and to be totally off the hook in 2018
    basically its all about the customer getting easy and cheap access to cabs and that's all that matters
    so with many more taxi cars soon to hit the road with cheap fares and then when the next cheap fare app opens for business you can imagine where its headed

I would think the sham contractor angle is where the fight may need to be taken up because they are getting away with new age 'slavery'

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Uberx zoom likes this.