1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Dismiss Notice

Using driver app whilst driving

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Roy Cladingboel, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Hi all,
    Only very fresh to Uber driving, but I am having a ball. It has created a perfect lifestyle balance for me.

Anyway....my major concern is accepting a trip whilst you are driving!!
    As we all know you can't just stop the car, so what do you do (dont need to get stung this time of year)?

I contacted support and they said "oh no there is nothing like that". To me this seems crazy...

Hope to get your thoughts and tips!!

Roy.

2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Hi Roy,

Lets be honest, it is impossible to drive an Uber without having to touch the phone often. The phone is your sat nav and dispatch device and must be used on the go, just like taxis have thier own electronic dispatcher and allowed to use it while driving, during a shift.

Tapping to pick a job is OK, texting or emailing while driving is definitely not.

Make sure the phone is placed in a holder in a convenient easy to reach place, close to you.

Check magnetic phone holders. You can position the holder on the air vent or on the dashboard. Try on right hand side of the steering wheel just under the driver window line, i found this location to be most convenient.

I hope this helps.
    Max

P.S.
    If you are stopped by police while touching the phone on a shift (doing work related accept/cancel/decline tapping) tell the policeman you are an Uber driver and show your certification, most will accept that and will not issue you with a fine.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018