1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

You think UberPool is bad?...

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by DriverX, Mar 29, 2017.

1. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

Ride-hailing giant Uber is set to launch a new “Commute” feature targeting the legions of carpoolers in the D.C. region.

The pilot will initially be available along the I-66 and I-395 corridors, along with the George Washington Parkway, in Tysons, Fairfax City and Alexandria. The company envisions a system similar to slugging, the carpooling system used by thousands around the region every day.

Commuters will share rides with drivers headed in the same direction so both can take advantage of HOV lanes. One key difference: while slugging is free, Uber’s prearranged rides will come with a price tag– likely $5 to $10 per trip, the company says, but cheaper than a long-distance ride with uberPOOL or uberX.

“Think of it as digital slug lines,” Uber said in a company blog post. “Drivers commuting along specific routes, including I-395, I-66, and the GW Parkway, will get paired with...[Read more]

Read more:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/uber-to-pilot-digital-slug-lines-in-the-usa/

mule likes this.
  2. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Hmmm... suppose this would be good for traffic congestion down our motorways, pacific hwy etc, but then less money in the pockets of drivers (not good)

3. Dimmi Quando

Dimmi Quando Member

Wait for it... coming soon! Uber Laundry service. Your friendly Uber launder-partner will come to you, do your laundry and pay you for it! Feel free to rate them down if you don't think they pay you enough, and Uber will review.

Partner candidates, start signing up for our waiting list! --------------->

mule and Fetching Is Fun like this.
  4. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

I already clean enough biological stains from my car seats as it is, thank you very much!

5. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

don't worry slugging is 'branded' free so while the IRS is shut down at hello, the poolers are for sure handing green notes to the driver at least equivalent to goober fares

that's if they don't want to be somehow forgotten to be picked up one morning for their trip to downtown:D

anyway this is true pooling which has been around for ever - even I used to do it, both ways (that sounded wrong)

why would I ever get scumbags (uber if youre wondering) involved so to make the whole deal worthless?

ah just thought of why I would - so I can poach prospects:p

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017