1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Be careful of this sneaky Uber rule

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by mule, Apr 14, 2017.

1. mule

mule Member

Tonight I found out the expensive way that there's a sneaky rule that Uber has applied to the set destinations.

If you do add an arrival time after doing one trip without an arrival time set, Uber will rob you of the second 'set destination' token.

If I knew this there's no way in hell I would have added an arrival time. For me it meant that I had to drive home 30km without any trips. Might not seem that bad but it's a public holiday and I would rather not waste an hour of my life because Uber wasn't upfront about their system.

Riders Champion likes this.
  2. Scully99

Scully99 Active Member

Yes,

Any modification to the set destination once set, will count as another one used...

I got caught out last week too... :(

Pippo and Riders Champion like this.
  3. mule

mule Member

Little things like this really annoy me.

It's like they have no respect for our time.

I base my decision to drive on the fact that those tokens are there. To have them removed for something so trivial is ridiculous. There's no reason to do it.. they should at least make the rules clear if they want to do it.

We are supposed to be independent contractors ... we shouldn't have to operate in darkness.

4. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

EXACTLY!!
    Uber isn't upfront or transparent with most of their changes.

Their emails to us are complete rubbish.

Mulder should send us all emails and get paid to do it.

mule likes this.
  5. Pippo

Pippo Member

Just remember if you don't get a ping on set dest. And turn it off you don't lose it

6. Pippo

Pippo Member

They didn't even know that if you alter the time it counts as another token. Talking to me about doing a hard reset on my phone. Yea great but they don't say that you lose all your passwords no thanks

mule likes this.
  7. mule

mule Member

Yeah it's always your phone that caused the issue, never something on Uber's end lol

Pippo likes this.