1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

% of Bad Pax

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Pippo, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Pippo

Pippo Member

When I say bad paxs I mean the ones you would probably slash your wrists if you got them again

Bad paxs 6 dived by your total trips 913 times 100 = % of bad paxs

Mine is 0.65% :)

Riders Champion likes this.
  2. skyco

skyco Active Member

Mine is slightly less at about 0.50% . I only pick up pax with a rating of 4.5 or over. This helps in keeping the bad cases to an acceptable minimum.

Riders Champion and Pippo like this.
  3. Pippo

Pippo Member

Might try that

4. Pippo

Pippo Member

Four seperate very drunk pax. Two different lots of young bucks

I
    First very drunk Irishman at 5 o'clock in the afternoon two days before St Patrick's day 70 minutes of have your annoying drunk little brother beside you. 6 times I was going to cancell the trip

Very drunk female pax tried to open the door twice and get out while I was driving
    Drunk female I had to stop eight times because she had to spew luckily none in the car
    Drunk female pax pulled over twice for her to spew she spewed into the sick bag and then falling asleep and some of the sick dribbled out.

5 and 6

Two different lots of young blokes carrying on like idiots

5. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

That's the problem mixing alcohol with a fuckwit brain.

6. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

0.87%
    19/2177
    I pick up anyone with toes on the curb.
    I love that saying. Someone here coined it. Cudos!

And before anyone asks, I'm not telling all the stories. I suppose it's possible though given how much I have complained about riders on Facebook.

Will write a book one day.

What should the title be?

19 fuckwits.

Syd-Uberer and wasabi like this.
  7. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

When the competition comes to town you could make a song of their idiot riders one day

You could title it:

Neunundneunzing lyft buffoons

8. Riders Champion

Okay you twisted my arm!

Here's the most recent three from my timeline...

IMG_4996.JPG IMG_4997.JPG IMG_4998.JPG

9. eXploitation

Whats so baad about all that?

Oh they just the intros got it

Riders Champion likes this.
  10. Riders Champion

Doesn't sound so bad?
    Wait till you hear what happened.

(1) picked her up from a house party, she looked 12 so i asked how old she was, she says 18, bullshit but whatever, my dash cam would have picked up the audio so that covers me i say.

We get going and a few mins in i hear a loud thud and another minute later she asks me to pull over. Puke time i think. But no.

She then asks me to call her phone and me being the naive tool that i was (hot 12 yr old lookalike, 18 yr olds have that effect on me), i did not add 1831 in front of her number as @Uberx zoom recently taught me, and so she got my number in the process of finding her phone that had hit my side door and fallen underneath the seat.

Now none of this has gotten overly bad yet.

I dropped her home safe and sound and thought that was the end of it. Oh but it was not. I got continuous (but intermittent) prank calls for the rest of my shift. Sometimes they would be back to back on and on, other times just random. Most used private numbers but some left their number on.

If i answered they would be saying stuff like i wanna uber man, i wanna super dooper uber man... then oooh oooohh aaaahhh aaahhh sexy uber driver...

It was annoying as fuck. Nothing funny about it.

I still get the occasional prank. I thought about reporting it to police but if they were minors i might shoot myself in the foot by implicating myself.

I researched that to constitute harassment there needs to be a pattern of calls over a period of time, like 3 calls per day every day for a fortnight. It varies depending on the content of the conversations. This is what the telcos say in order to place blocks or trace origins etc. They aren't that clear on what they do.

MORAL OF THE STORY: don't give your personal nunber to anyone.

Syd-Uberer and Pippo like this.
  11. Riders Champion

(2) around 7pm i picked up four men, they seemed okay, loud but not too bad. Had an interesting conversation regarding paid players in the amateur rugby competiton, like clubs illegally paying players to increase the standard of talent in the squad to win games. Unethical etc. So that was cool. Dropped them to the Union Hotel and that was that. They even got 5 stars.

Wind the clock forward 6 hours or so and come 1am I get a Crows Nest Hotel pick up. So I come around from the back to avoid a fine, and what do you know... I recognise my front seat passenger from earlier. He sees me and staggers across and then tells everyone around him that this is the Uber guy that cheated him of $100.

Holy fuck.... what?

He can barely speak English in the drunken state he was in, swaying back and forth and then leaning on my car. Now when I was a teenager a mate had accidentally driven over my foot this one time (went to hospital etc but was ok), so I felt that I could not just drive off given how close he was to my car.

His other mates joined him but I did not recognise them. It is possible they were the same guys but i don't think so. Anyway what does that matter.

This guy had the biggest grin on his face each time he looked through my window and continued with his accusations. So it was obvious to me he was just being a dickhead. But it wasn't that obvious to the others who then started to have a go at me. Just verbally thank god. And these are big guys, like each one on their own could take me out, let alone a whole group of them.

I let them mess with me for a while... haaaa haaaa ... (muttering fuckwits under my breath). etc

Finally they decide to get in. The front passenger from before sits up front again. He tells me this is a Return For Free deal and to turn my phone off.

I told him I wouldn't know how to get to his place if I did.

He eventually gave up on the game, and got distracted with something else.

And to think these guys were so normal earlier on and became assholes (mainly just this one guy) later.

Do we get paid enough for this shit?

Should we be allowed to charge our own surge rates for bad behaviour?

If there was an incident we have no contact number to call for help.

The police aren't interested unless you have proof. Dash cam's can only catch so much.

We need Go Pro's strapped to our chests.

Pippo likes this.
  12. Riders Champion

(3) this one's not as long-winded as the others, or maybe I'm just getting tired to write heaps. I picked up this older lady who looked like schapelle corby (who FYI gets out of jail next month) at Chatswood station who was standing next to a dodgy looking guy smoking a cigarette. He did not get in but told her not to let me drive away at the drop. It was on his account.

When she got in I said that this sounds like a drug deal (jokingly). To which she nervously replied, oh you got me, i'm so embarassed. I thought she was being sarcastic (40% she was 60% she wasn't). As we were driving to the Lane Cove address, we talked about various things, but drugs kept coming up. I eventually realised that this definitely seemed like a drug drop off or sorts. She was so casual about it that i had thought we were just joking with each other.

She diverted me from the address that had been entered into the app, and we took a very windy route to a dark street (in one of Sydney's more affluent neighbourhoods mind you). She got out, but told me not to go and that she would be back quickly. She made it a point to say she left her handbag in the front.

I was going to step out and have some cold water from my esky, but soon after I turned my engine off, she was back! That was really quick! I did not notice anything in her hands so this may have been a money exchange. That being said, she was very quick and it was dark.

We then got going back to Chatswood station, and the man that was there earlier was nowhere to be seen.

I don't like being diverted to addresses not on the app, or not updated on the app. Then I also don't like potentially being made an accessory to a crime. I have read in the USA that Uber drivers have been arrested along with the riders who had committed a crime like robbing a 7-eleven or engaging in the drug trafficking trade.

That's why they got in my bad books. On suspicion as I really don't know (and don't want to know) what was really going on.

Pippo likes this.
  13. Scully99

Scully99 Active Member

RC,

If I think a drug deal is going on, I wouldn't even comment on it...

I'll just take them from A to B and leave it at that....

14. i call bs sorry. because you told me about this story before and its changed since! the $100 comment you told me was just a cheeky jab and it was left at that. a lame joke that no one cared about. above you say you got heckled or whatever. thats bs you didnt tell me earlier! anyway nice story mr writer. i definitely want to read your book!

15. asking for trouble by bringing it up

16. Riders Champion

Talking to myself much?

17. Riders Champion

nope, i am not on UP at all... but i do look through the first two pages on the sydney forum from time to time to see what's trending.

18. Riders Champion

yeah i agree actually, very risky now that i look back.

19. eXploitation

Anything there?

20. Riders Champion

A vile race debate was happening last time I looked. You would think driving all kinds of people would lessen one's intolerances...

eXploitation likes this.