1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

DAC Extended

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Pippo, May 1, 2017.

1. Pippo

Pippo Member

Just got a letter from RMS extending my DAC to October 31 2017 due to transition to the point to point transport acr 2016 later this year. Further information on the transitioning to the new legislation will be provided soon

Riders Champion likes this.
  2. Syd-Uberer

Syd-Uberer New Guest Member

Same here, funny that they never sent me my initial DAC but I got this letter!

I haven't looked into what the reforms are, any idea? I'm guessing paying more, higher CTP, etc. Possibly the end of Ubering for many casuals. Could be a win for full timers by thinning the herd but cost prohibitive for many to even bother any more!

3. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Could actually create a better driving environment and some respect from partners

Dont knock it yet

4. Syd-Uberer

Syd-Uberer New Guest Member

Would be worthwhile if the majority of drivers give up. Let the city turn bright red then!!

If CTP was $4k for example, I wonder how many would come back if they saw consistent strong surges!

eXploitation likes this.
  5. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

So now unsurance taking their cut and state govmint if not already will soon
    Feds homing in already
    All wading in for the take on the fares
    Poor gooba/splend
    Once had no conpetition on the carveout

Just wait till taxis and everyone else by necessity become price takers