1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Uber control of Uberpeople.Net (UP) forum (NOT THIS FORUM)

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by HumungousDill, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Zoom, do you have to pay for the forum out of your own pocket?

2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Yes

3. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

The mole with no limits is back; 4th May 2017
    Screenshot (12) - Copy.png

Why would he care either way about us wanting better rates and conditions when he apparently doesn't even drive for Uber. In fact why is he even on the UP Uber driver's forum ? Because of course he and his mates are on the take from Uber.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  4. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

They even compare themselves to einstein

Total megalomaniac who doesnt even make any sense

Uberx zoom likes this.
  5. It's a scam

It's a scam New Member

BH, what uber handouts do you speak of? Dumber has to be the worst company on the planet, with their lies, smoke and mirrors, they are the ones on the take for all to see, and have no shame screwing drivers, sending their cars to the scrap heap. Time will tell, they won't last, a couple of years from how we won't even remember them. And if they think that self drive cars will save their butts, then they have to buy the cars and maintain them lol, what goes around, comes around

Uberx zoom likes this.
  6. skyco

skyco Active Member

The Melbourne UP forum is dying. They truly deserve this jerk there.

I try and not go there anymore, its a rat hole!

P.S.
    Good video!

eXploitation likes this.
  7. Uberx zoom

Funny to see that dumbwit, which is not even an Uber driver, (like most of them sick and extremely depressed pups) talking to themselves, discrediting the RSDU work and achievements when they all knows too well i can not reply over that rat hole and prove them wrong, expose their lies one by one.

This guy is another great example to the type of human rubbish that normally frequent that other place.

Real drivers would have appreciated my work. Not try and debunk and poke it from dawn to dusk, day in day out. Even half a brain would know that.

HumungousDill, Sunshine and Aujezza like this.
  8. eXploitation

I still cant get over how go about trying to discredit some obvious troll OP over weaknesses in their story

For goodness sake its a troll thread hello!!!

Its like they need to rush to goobas rescue to mitigate any perceived mockery

Fucking incredulous and even more ridiculous than the trolling

As for the trolling... top notch:p

Uberx zoom likes this.
  9. Uberx zoom

My thoughts exactly. Uber are having it great right now. The drivers pay for all the expenses including buying the actual car.

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Exactly, I don't think they have researched into the cost of maintaining the cars. At the moment they are using drivers to run theirs into the ground.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  11. It's a scam

It's a scam New Member

Yeah, totally thick headed comes to mind...

12. Aujezza

Aujezza Member

Yep sounds like they have recruited the same brain dead peps to drive for them in WA!
    I'm one!
    HD and I can't be the only ones who want to cause a disturbance/strike!
    What we and I'm sure all drivers want is to earn some thing decent for our time and expenses! What Uber advertised is and has been admitted as BS! The 25% commission and not paying their GST even after they were beaten in court shows
    in what contempt they hold their drivers!
    If your in Perth look at Hi Oscar! They only take 15% charge customers, but charge customer 10c per k more than uber, they pay their gst and they pay tax in Australia !
    By signing up today you will be a minimum of 10% better off!
    Pass the word around. They need drivers before they go full out on getting customers!
    I've already had a couple of pings and I know which one I'd rather except!

HumungousDill and It's a scam like this.
  13. HumungousDill

Indeed, they are due to launch in Melbourne and Sydney in the coming months:
    https://www.broadsheet.com.au/national/city-file/article/hi-oscar-australian-uber-competitor
    I also heard a rumour that Gocatch have increased their peak time rates to $1.46/km in Queensland.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  14. eXploitation

Not sure those two need to do anything more but gooba prices but be more selective over who drives for them
    In other words they should intervue applicants for drivers
    They need a point of difference
    Another thing might be being able to retain regulars and then the rest of the fleet becomes your backup when you cant get to them

Their biggest battle is going to be finding customers to leave gooba

15. Uberx zoom

It's my opinion that ultimately the passengers are the ones to determine the market price.

Riders will continue to flock to Uber as long as Uber continue to offer dirt cheap rides. Drivers will continue to take Uber trips because the other platform will hardly have any customers. Drivers need to earn an X amount per "shift" they can not remain idle for too long. Uber wins again.

Only the government are able to stop this madness by first introducing capped minimum fares and then introducing CLEAR definitions for who can be classified as employees and who is really a sub contractor. These are the necessary measures to ensure a sustainable ride share driving industry. It will be an ugly race to the bottom until then.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    HumungousDill and eXploitation like this.
  16. It's a scam

It's a scam New Member

I agree, also I think we're barking up the wrong tree with uber log offs, we should be protesting to the government about our concerns as they are the ones that have endorsed them, there's enough of us to make a big noise. If uber panders to the Melbourne demands then they are going to have a shit fight world wide and it's just not going to happen. Calling for mass protests against the government in All capital city's, make a huge disturbance, thoughts anyone

HumungousDill likes this.
  17. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

I disagree, previous protest calls included the government and created nation wide media attention. Politicians could not have missed the outcry. I have no doubt the responsible bodies are now closely looking into the claims beyond close doors. Many in the know how would see it as a clear case of wage fraud which is no different to the Pizza Hut delivery drivers and FWC investigation story.

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/about-u...january-2017/20170127-pizza-hut-media-release

No politician could have missed such coverage:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/media-covrage-of-rsdu-1042017-uber-log-off-strike/

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
    eXploitation likes this.
  18. Uberx zoom

19. Aujezza

Aujezza Member

I agree with you. So what's the answer? Well my thoughts are leave uber and work for (in Perths case) Hi Oscar.
    IF enough drivers had the balls Hi Oscar would be soon be the new Uber because we would be leaving all the extaxi drivers and the I don't give a shit drivers with uber and very soon those customers that want cheap are going to get cheap! But it will now go back to the crappy taxi service that lead to its own demise here in Perth, customers will go I'd rather pay more and get a decent driver!
    Maybe I'm right maybe I'm wrong but having used uber for about 3 years I've recently had some drivers that were absolutely rubbish and all three were taxi drivers before joining uber.

20. HumungousDill

Any chance you could likewise approach Hi Oscar in Perth (and soon to be Melbourne and Sydney) ?