1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Uber “Roundtable Meetings”, are they just a charade?…

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uberx zoom, May 6, 2017.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Following our recent collective actions Uber has started emailing members this week actively promoting their so called “partner roundtables”, asking drivers to register and take part.

Apparently (according to Uber’s letter) such events have been going on for quite some time here in Victoria and in other locations around the country/world.

One cannot help but ask how is it possible that drivers’ most frequent complaints such as POOR UNSUSTAINABLE BASE RATES, unlimited shift hours, unfair deactivation policy (which leave drivers with zero job security), or the fact drivers must pay Uber’s GST cut have never been addressed in these meetings... [click to read more]

Full article:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/uber-round-table-meetings-are-nothing-but-a-charade/

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Yep they sure are and always will be. This company does not negotiate. It needs putting down like a rabid dog. Uber will never change its spots.

3. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Rsdu might hope that gooba is not such a lost cause but in almost seven years of operating it has shown all the behaviours of a phychopath but in an organisation

I understand the concept of working together and collaborating but not one shred of dignity seen here by gooba
    Such ethos runs deep and is brought by the leadership and ownership

anyway they are burning billions so are desparate little bitches i would say

The clock is ticking and competition morphing
    Must be terrifying for them hence the nonstop scamming and desperate corruption
    Which they are getting gradually exposed on scam by scam the filthy creeps
    And is quickly reported on all the medias by the way who love a good scandal

Hilarious

4. Uberx zoom

Unfortunately Joe public will continue to floke to whichever service that is cheaper. Which brings us back to the same old conclusion. Only us drivers can help our situation and make a difference by sticking together.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
    eXploitation likes this.
  5. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Once the legislation goes through, you'll find alot of drivers realise uniting is the key. The only thing holders drivers from speaking out is the plate owners holding them to ransom atm.

6. Uberx zoom

I'm talking about Uber drivers not taxi. I'm an Uber driver myself.

But i do agree, at the end of the day we are all in the same boat. Taxi and Uber drivers. Once you have one company breaking all ethical rulles and driving the trip cost per km to unsustainable levels it affects all other similar ride providers. Taxis or/and other Ride share companies alike, as they will all need to compete on price to survive.

A fast race to the bottom and its drivers on both camps who are to pay the real cost.

eXploitation likes this.
  7. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Yeh sorry I meant from both drivers uniting. There needs to be a cap on rideshare drivers as well and we can all work in tandem. Taxi and rideshare.

8. eXploitation

Capping you think?

Because i think the gooba concept where you drive until you realise you are wasting your life has given the pollies the opportunity to sell this as an employment making scheme and embracing innovation garbage. Easy to sell as the public are only interested in rides for cheap.

Believe it or not.

HumungousDill likes this.
  9. skyco

skyco Active Member

I agree. Rubbish rates have been going on for far too long and the pollies are still very quiet on that topic.

Hopefully enough bad publicity and a call for the FWC to start an investigation into systematic wage fraud would change that attitude soon.

HumungousDill likes this.
  10. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Pollies are definitely in on it(destroying fair rates) but the problem is the taxi plate owners lobbying the gov to delay our rights (commercial passenger bill) as taxi and pre booked only(rideshare) drivers. They are as bad as uber.

11. eXploitation

Is that the rights to flood the market with ants?

What is it now at, the right to make five bucks an hour?

Fail

12. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Nah, the rights to safety (cctv) tarrifs, workcover protection etc. you will need a cap on drivers obviously but the plate owners must be removed from the equation. Yes there will be plates but no selling privately would be allowed. Once you create reasonable barriers to entry and remove the scabs, there will be enough work and income for the genuine drivers. As a taxi driver, ive always believe we needed a mixmof employees and subcontractors. Not just the latter which is what pissed so many people off.

13. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

I attended one of the first round tables, from memory it was late last year, so they haven't been going for all that long. Any time we spoke about fares, money, uber's general company direction we were whisked off topic by the facilitators. They only want to know what issues we have with the app, really.

eXploitation likes this.