1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Uber control of Uberpeople.Net (UP) forum (NOT THIS FORUM)

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by HumungousDill, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

The RSDU will approach every ride share company operating in Australia and will offer to promote it to its members providing that company is able to offer sustainable base rates.

We do not recommend driving for anyone else but Uber in the mean time. Let them fight for us drivers.

Sunshine and skyco like this.
  2. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

I agree.

There are two new operators in the market: Shebah and SheSafe. Apparently, they have been launched in the eastern states already. They are for females only. One of the female members in UP declared she also drives for the female companies and was lambasted. The drivers keep 80% of their earning and the rating system is very different from that of Uber.

3. skyco

skyco Active Member

Hows the base rates?

4. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

I don't know. I can find out.

5. It's a scam

It's a scam New Member

Yeah, hi oscar is maybe 10 to 15 % better than uber but you will still be sending you car to the graveyard, taxi rates were set for a reason, you can afford to replace the car when it's dead, these rideshare rates will never do that, sorry guys but we're all flogging a dead horse, I can make $ 30 ph cleaning residential homes, no weekend, no nights, no bullshit, no free stuff, no gst, no giving my car away to a company for nought, no last minute cancels, no sending myself in the wrong direction, no excessive 3G, no commmission to anyone, no teenagers underrating me for no reason, no extra fees on my licence, insurance, omnibus licence, I could go on all night! But the rub is, it's a hobby, a I just want to meet people, I may take it up again when I retire because for the most part I enjoy the pax but for now I need to earn some money, so when my omnibus licence is up soon I'm out!

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Yes, that's exactly what I've been saying all along.

It's a scam likes this.
  7. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Ive been observing the UP forums a little bit more closely and have come to the conclusion that the moderators are not actually Uber affiliated in any way.

There are most definitely some Uber moles on the forums who are masquarading as drivers.

As far as the moderators are concerned I believe that they are simply following and enforcing a set of rules, sometimes a little bit harshly/strictly for my liking; and obviously there will be those on tbe forum that take advantage of this by complaining to tbe moderators about my posts (for example for being confrontational) with the sole intention of getting me banned (which tbey have done successfully on a number of occadions).
    So I think the mods are caught in a hard place doing a sometimes difficult and tbankless task, but are not "Uber" moles.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  8. skyco

skyco Active Member

Yes, but then why would they ban the words RSDU and RSDAA, the only two organisations set to represent drivers in Australia are banned over a major ride share drivers forum?

And then Tiktak is the only one able to escape the word ban in his posts (only staff members can do that). Looking at his past posts, tiktak is clearly working for Uber. Then you have the usual 3 or 4 moles that will constantly try and debunk any resistance to Uber's PR machine. Abusing members right left and center and left unchecked by the moderators.

I dont know, it stinks big time if you ask me...

eXploitation likes this.
  9. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Why wasnt there a 'ridesharepeople' forum instead i wonder?
    Calling it gooberpeoples must give those muppets a sense of entitlement if they arent actually behind the site to begin with
    Is there a lyftpeoples or olapeoples forum?

Uberx zoom likes this.
  10. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Actually I changed my mind after that LA mod banned me last night for another week for supposedly providing a link to another group associated with driving. I did not provide any link, a URL or whatever. I merely mentioned the R S D U (with spaces) in my text . My post was quite scathing about the group of moles and negatives who are doing their utmost to create division amongst the drivers and who will try to do anyhting to prevent the RSDU from being successful. BANNED !
    But yes always thought that there are certain Uber moles on there. Tiktak is an odd one , definitely a mole yet as you say he can also bypass the RSDU filter.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  11. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Your presence is wasted over there anyway
    From what i understand the social media warfare department at poobears has roles designated to their posters and may or may not pay incentive say ten maybe twenty bucks to their accounts if liked or something
    Some of them seem peeved as they may have been cut out of the handouts but may try and persist to get back in favour
    If unsuccessful they turn on their master and might eventually disappear

One thing for sure

The whole scene there is...
    disfunctional

HumungousDill and Uberx zoom like this.