1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Perth Airport Holding Zones

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by HumungousDill, Apr 24, 2017.

1. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Just thought I would post these here in case anyone needs them.
    T3T4 HOLDING - Copy - Copy.jpg T1T2 HOLDING AREA - Copy - Copy.jpg

2. Elksy

Elksy New Member

Hey mate, just wanted to say cheers for uploading these pics - I've been trying to figure out where the holding zones were for about 3 weeks. Appreciate it.

3. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

How long is the average wait during busies in that thing and how many cars would be in front of you?

4. Aujezza

Aujezza Member

I don't bother waiting with up to 30+ cars and a wait time of just 2mins a car that's an hour and that's a conservative guesstimate! TBH I can't understand anyone sitting in the pens! It's a shame because you end up driving away empty but I'd rather get another fare than do nothing.

5. Elksy

Elksy New Member

I checked out both of the airport holding areas last night - T1/2 is an average of about 2 minutes per vehicle in the zone. It's probably not worth being in there unless you're within the first 10 - 15 cars already.
    T3/4 is a bit longer per car - at the time I was there, it seemed about 4 or 5 minutes per car - the worst part about that is that at one point last night, requests stopped completely in T3/4 and I was left as the 1st car in the queue for about 25 minutes - turned out there were no domestic flights landing for another 2 hours according to the link in Uber's app - I gave up and tried T1/2 again. The only thing I want to know is whether or not we get charged when we sit there for over an hour? I swear I read something about it but can't seem to find it now.

6. Aujezza

Aujezza Member

Now you know why I don't thinks it's worth waiting! Haven't heard anything about being charged!

7. HumungousDill

Welcome to the forum Elksy. Indeed the airport is a bit hit and miss, but sometimes worth a shot. I too read that about the maximum free stay being an hour, but I dont think it has ever been enforced.
    Sometimes you can wait 20 minutes and get a trip to Clarkson, other times you can wait 1 - 2 hours and only get a trip to Redcliffe. Such is life.

8. eXploitation

whats facilities there?

anywhere for a decent dump?

9. Aujezza

Aujezza Member

From the sound of it for some people the answer is yes! For the rest of us educated people the answer is a resounding "no".

eXploitation likes this.
  10. eXploitation

maybe from the smell of it...

11. Elksy

Elksy New Member

HumungousDill - Cheers for the welcome, although I admit I don't think I've actually seen anything beyond this thread yet - I'll be sure to check it out a bit more when I'm free :)
    eXploitation - Nah no loo there - though I did witness someone piss through the fence into a bush. Which might be what Aujezza was referring to, or at least part one of it.

eXploitation likes this.
  12. eXploitation

I suppose theres a maccas duuny you could chance nearby like melbourne has
    If you want to really be a thrillseeker you could even buy a coifee from therr
    Ive always had a hate hate relationship with cofees made in the airport and surrounds
    Spent many excrutiating hours waiting for bookings to find their way out of planes and worst of all waiting at the luggage with them

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  13. eXploitation

Ah now thats what they really mean by "holding zones"

14. HumungousDill

The pissing and shitting - theres no need for it. Drivers are able to drive to tbe terminal buildings and use the toilets there without losing their place in tbe virtual queue.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Aujezza likes this.
  15. eXploitation

You have to be shitting me

16. eXploitation

must be like the toilet equivalent of a nudist beach over there

17. Daz Voss

Daz Voss New Member

I am here at the T3/4 holding pen now (Sat arv). A few flights have come in but it seems not many passengers care for Rideshare. During 30 minutes my queue position has gone down by 6.

Seems odd. Perhaps it needs to be advertised more.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  18. HumungousDill

There's not so many Uber pax at weekends. Keep in mind two things:
    1) They are very few FIFO workers returning on Saturday/Sundays
    2) A lot of pax have friends or relatives coming to pick them up because they are not working on the weekends and are able to do so.
    So unless there are many planes due and the queue is very small, I wouldn't bother waiting at the airport at that time.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    Uberx zoom and Aujezza like this.
  19. Aujezza

Aujezza Member

Don't waste your life sitting there. Your better of going into the 'burbs!

HumungousDill and Uberx zoom like this.
  20. Traveller

Traveller New Member

I am new to this site and have not read all that has gone before. However, with that in mind, I suspect that a number of former taxi drivers have now chosen to drive their own personal car and have fallen into the same routine they followed as taxi drivers, i.e. happy to sit at the airport waiting for hours. I have seen queues on the Partner App in excess of 45. The system worked well enough beforehand in that whoever was nearest got the next job at the airport. The queuing system has not improved the experience for the riders because now they are picked up in a different place and there is an additional $3 added to their bill for the pleasure. The larger the queues at the airport the better for the remaining Partners elsewhere!

HumungousDill likes this.