1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Unfair suspension, any comments welcome

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Jason, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Jason

Jason Member

Well i just got suspended today. Unbelievable.
    Dropped off my last passagners for the day at a Pub.
    Thought at the time, bugger I'm about to go there.
    Been here for years, thought oh well i had better go to the other bars 6kms away

Anyway, all ended up in the same pub, only one open at the end of the night.
    Less than 10 people in there, anyway must have ended up saying hello by the end of the night. Both likely while getting another beer at the bar.

Next day, there's a complaint and I'm suspended. WTF I've been going to this bar 17 years lol.
    Sometimes Uber, doesn't hear the things we have to do outside our work.
    Like drop the customer off and they fall in the kerb and dont get up. So you have to go in the house as duty of care, and hope someone can come and get them. Or they get out of the car and fall and crack there head open and 1st aid kicks in until the Ambalance gets there.
    And i get suspension for drinking at my bar after 17 years. WTF Come on lol

2. skyco

skyco Active Member

How long have you been driving for Uber and approximately how many hours per week?

3. Jason

Jason Member

15 months, only work i do but not often 40hrs.
    My rating is 4.91, sometimes 4.92. I'm 100% deaf in my right ear. Against the window of course lol. Partly deaf in my leaf, kind why i like driving.
    Most of my customers have a ball and thank me alot, actually most of them, i love to chat and if they are in party mode at 2am. So be it, the radio is there's.
    I run into my customers many many times when I'm out and i often get shouted a beer.
    I work hard, do the long hours then i have a night off.
    I just worked 9 days in the row. Within 7 days of finishing i had done a 70hr week.
    The one that complained, not even from where i lived, i was walking past the pub that had just shut, i was the one that told them what was open and where i was walking to.
    Uber drivers are not aloud to be where there customers are drinking it seems.
    It's just stupid

4. Jason

Jason Member

I've just put this up as a warning, this is my main income and I'm in one of the smaller suburbs where everyone knows everyone or sees them often out. Even saying hello and being nice to the towns not so normal (Fruit loop) can get you in the shit, even if your ratings are up there and your a decent bloke

5. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Did you try discussing the matter with Uber support? green hub?

You may have grounds for an unfair dismissal claim. Contact us here we may be able to help.

6. Jason

Jason Member

When there is a complaint, they lock your drivers app. So when you open your drivers app. You are told to contact customer support. Which is a waste of time.
    Although, you are lucky enough to get an Email telling you they have had a complaint and do you remember anything on recent trips. You can have your say to that.
    Ohhh and on that email, your told not to go to "not go to the green hub".
    You do get a phone call, but they just say the same as the email to the exact

7. Uberx zoom

Don't get mad, get even. File for unfair dismissal with the Fair Work Commission.

Cold Gin likes this.
  8. Jason

Jason Member

For sure will be if i don't hear from them.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  9. Jason

Jason Member

An update, uber has come to there senses and seen threw it all correctly.
    I'm back online and do enjoy driving and meeting people.
    I'm still not happy a strike goes on my account for doing nothing wrong apart from having a beer at my Local.

I'm hoping people can read about this, because it will help and could easy happen to others.

Still think the whole thing was just soooo stupid

Uberx zoom likes this.
  10. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Typical Uber. So glad they have now been banned from operating in London.

eXploitation and Uberx zoom like this.
  11. Uberx zoom

Trust Uber to appeal the decision and drag the matter for as long as possible. Uber's business model in all its glory.