1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Some of UP forum mods may be Uber Employees

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by skyco, Apr 1, 2017.

1. skyco

skyco Active Member

Check out the below mentioned uberpeople.net thread where an obvious Uber mole is able to escape a word ban (only moderators can escape word bans) hiding under a false name and constantly posting pro Uber messages.

The word RSDU was banned on the uberpeople.net forum (as well as the word RSDAA), in other words, names of organisations set to represent or/and fight on behalf of Uber drivers are banned on that forum BUT member "Tiktak" is somehow able to escape the ban and mention RSDU in his posts.

Only moderators can escape word bans which brings me to the conclusion that uberpeople.net member "Tiktak" is a moderator and if judging by his past posts over the UP forum, clearly an Uber staff/employee.

The thread will probably disappear soon but i have screen shoots of the entire exchange and ready to post them here should they delete or edit the original thread over the UP forum .

Check the entire exchange at this link. The mentioned action starts at mid page 2 of that thread:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/threads/one-less-ant.152663/

Grand is the prime suspect. Often posting as Tiktak (an Uber employee/staff member).

UPDATE 2/4/2017:
    As suspected the thread has now been locked on UP and no further comments are allowed. Grand was caught red handed ;)

UPDATE 3/4/2017:
    Uploading a copy of the thread before they delete it. Three PDF files, pages 1 to 3.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Uberx zoom likes this.
  2. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

There is no 'may be' about it. The uberpeople.net board is owned and operated by Uber. I thought everybody knew. Certainly everybody who have been kicked out should figure the plain obvious.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017
    Uberx zoom likes this.
  3. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

So who runs this forum then?

4. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Riders Champion and skyco like this.
  5. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

Strangely I came to the same conclusion in Perth, its uncanny to read this thread ! . Banned for two weeks, then within a few minutes of returning today was banned a further two weeks. Also our thread on strike action was locked by the moderator.

Read my other post on the Perth forum:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/forum/threads/uber-control-of-up.64/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017
  6. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

You mean you were banned by Uber People, the other forum run by uber staff?

Riders Champion and skyco like this.
  7. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

8. admin

The app is designed to keep drivers connected and alert them to collaborative events or actions in their city, it is not a navigation app.

An iphone version is planed to be available later on. We have no launch date yet. We will inform all site members once the iphone version is ready. It is recommended that you register with our newsletter to stay up to date.

Newsletter link:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/newsletter

9. skyco

skyco Active Member

Yes

10. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Yes I am registered with the newsletter. Is the app suitable for iPad mini?

11. admin

The app currently work on Android devices only.

The iphone version should be compatible with ipad mini once it is ready.

12. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Welcome to this forum HD. Please upload an avatar and feel at home.

13. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Individually private message members on the UP forum to recruit them over here. Use a forum link to make it easier and also tell them not to use the same username or avatar (as I have done), so that they can be a virus to the UP forum in recruiting future members over here.

The forum revolution has begun!

Laughter and HumungousDill like this.
  14. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

See if you can get any decent Perth people over here, and welcome.
    This will hopefully be uber free zone. Not that anyone can stop any Muppet from signing up but at least they are not the moderators here with access to all your account details, etc. And if they misbehave here, they will be dealt with and not the other way round.
    Careful with the links on UP though, use them in PM not forum threads.

HumungousDill likes this.
  15. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

I've had my posts deleted by UP mod. I was just telling the truth, not bagging uber at all :(

16. Sunshine

Sunshine Member

Don't the mod read pm as well?

17. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

Shouldn't. There is a reason they are called private. To report abuse by PM, you have to forward it to a mod or admin or send screenshot or something, they are not automatically accessible.

But on UP probably yes considering whole Uber is a bunch of geek hacking kids :D

18. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

As far as i know mods can not read pm's unless you specifically share the pm thread with them.

19. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

I'm going to get to work on this. No problem to use a different username to do this, especially since I'm serving yet another 2 week ban :)
    Could be tricky to keep the muppets out. I'm sure some will pretend to be our pals and down ramp Uber for just that purpose.

20. skyco

skyco Active Member

They may block/ban the URL if someone files a complaint.

Best to use this short URL instead. This link will lead to this forum:

https://goo.gl/xuOt0C

Laughter and Elepante Nathan like this.