1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Some of UP forum mods may be Uber Employees

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by skyco, Apr 1, 2017.

1. skyco

skyco Active Member

Check out the below mentioned Uber Pepole forum thread where an obvious Uber mole is able to escape a word ban (only mods can escape word bans) hiding under a false name and constantly posting pro Uber messages.

The word RSDU was banned on the UP forum (as well as the word RSDAA), in other words, names of organisations set to represent or/and fight on behalf of Uber drivers are banned on that forum BUT member "Tiktak" is somehow able to escape the ban and mention RSDU in his posts.

Only moderators can escape word bans which brings me to the conclusion that UP member "Tiktak" is a modrator and if judging by his past posts over the UP forum, clearly an Uber staff/employee.

The thread will probably disappear soon but i have screen shoots of the entire exchange and ready to post them here should they delete or edit the original thread over the UP forum .

Check the entire exchange at this link. The mentioned action starts at mid page 2 of that thread:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/threads/one-less-ant.152663/

Grand is the prime suspect. Often posting as Tiktak (an Uber employee/staff member).

UPDATE 2/4/2017:
    As suspected the thread has now been locked on UP and no further comments are allowed. Grand was caught red handed ;)

UPDATE 3/4/2017:
    Uploading a copy of the thread before they delete it. Three PDF files, pages 1 to 3.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Thanks bro, but I am banned from UP and unfortunately I cant even log out so all I see is an error message when I try to access anything on that forum.

3. Riders Champion

Several people have suggested that GRAND is an Uber employee but I am certain he is on Centerlink welfare payments as well so perhaps he works for Uber for free because he is that much of a self-sucking-off tool

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Syd-Uberer likes this.
  4. Riders Champion

@skyco @HumungousDill
    Individually private message members on the UP forum to recruit them over here. Use a forum link to make it easier and also tell them not to use the same username or avatar (as I have done), so that they can be a virus to the UP forum in recruiting future members over here.

The forum revolution has begun!

skyco likes this.
  5. skyco

skyco Active Member

They may block/ban the URL if someone files a complaint.

Best to use this short URL instead. This link will lead to this forum:

https://goo.gl/xuOt0C

Elepante Nathan likes this.
  6. ohhhhh i c!!!! i have seen short URLS like that alot always wondered what they were thought it was spam

7. thats alotta effort man

8. RC

RC New member

I have only ever used one account.

9. skyco

skyco Active Member

You've lost my trust Grand.

Why are you deleting our posts and banning the word RSDU on the UberPeople forum?.... RSDU! An organisation that works so hard (FREE OF CHARGE) to better the conditions of all Uber drivers in this country. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

And who is the member named "Tiktak"? ...how come he can avoid word bans in his posts on the UberPeople forum when everyone else can't. To my knowledge only users with elevated rights (aka moderators) can do that. Tiktak also seems to have a lot of inside Uber management information (???)

Care to elaborate?

Speak up Grand, I'm sure the RSDU moderators will not ban you in here. This place respect freedom of speech! Somthing the UberPeople forum is yet to learn alot about.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Riders Champion likes this.
  10. ... at a time?

Riders Champion and skyco like this.
  11. Riders Champion

Would an Uber employee be paid to spend time on forums? I'm thinking in terms of how they measure performance, given it's unlikely anyone has a free reign.

12. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

Just so you know, there is someone called 'Sydney Uber Chick' on UP pretending to be a driver. She actually appears to be a mole representing Uber's interest.

In her latest post 'she' attempts to undermine and sabotage Uber's competition 'Go Catch'. I believe this is nothing but Uber funding corporate sabotage to prevent drivers from signing up to Go Catch.

Uberx zoom and Riders Champion like this.
  13. Riders Champion

I've mentioned her moleyness recently too. I called her out once for lecturing another driver before getting all the facts. She didn't like being called out and got all defensive.

14. I don't know much Bout her but there are some fine ladies on the forums as wellz. Dont just judge based on her.

15. What was most concerning about Sydney Uber Chick was her constant promotion that its safe for female drivers at all times of the day or night. She kept saying that she drives past 2am and has never had any issues, that all passengers treat her well etc. She said not to believe what other users have been saying. This is truly misleading and dangerous to female drivers who may actually look up to a regular female forum contributor such as her. There are some dodgy characters very late at night and i would not recommend it to any female driver in their first 6 months. Once you are a seasoned professional then thats different, you then have the skills required to manage whatever comes your way.

Riders Champion likes this.
  16. Riders Champion

We can single out UP users to our hearts content but ultimately we dont know if there is an active driver on the other side of that screen.

17. Riders Champion

@wasabi - Thanks for your feedback.

To get banned (one week) came at a huge surprise to me. Then for it to happen again almost immediately (two weeks to permanent) made me MAD. (I've shared the details in another thread on the Melbourne forum).

When you have no power and no way of resolving the issue, there aren't many options available. Uber and UP share this in common. While I haven't ever been deactivated, I can imagine that it feels like this.

Yes, you're right. My behaviour on RSDU in that regard wasn't right. Had you read the posts BEFORE monday's strike you would have seen a plethora of bad vulgar language in some of those posts.

Free speech is valued by the moderators here and I pushed that beyond its limits. Had to know for myself how far it could be taken. But the difference here is that the moderators treat me with respect.

One asked me politely if I could censor myself because the forum would be getting media attention from that strike. And I willingly obliged. I cannot delete entire threads so the wanker poll remains, and besides - nearly everyone here has been burned by that said moderator, so its a good laugh at his expense.

I don't believe he is here but until it's made obvious, I'll go along with whatever that troll is trying to achieve by posing as him.

My first instinct told me you are Sydney Uber Chick. Your writing style shows similarities. I have an eye for that. But I could be wrong.

My posts are still there on UP, and you can see that I put a great deal of effort into fostering helpful discussions and using real detailed examples to figure out stuff.

I will become that person again at RSDU, and lessen the vindictive nature of some comments.

But it will take time to let go of the anger and hatred that so quickly formed due to my treatment over at UP.

RSDU feels like it cares about drivers. UP always felt like a tussle between Uber employees, pro-Uber drivers and then the majority who just complain and whinge all day and night.

I started as a pro-Uber driver then fell into the den of pessimism and found it hard to get out.

I can't speak for the others but I am trying to be more positive. Time will tell if being at RSDU will make any difference.

Laughter and wasabi like this.
  18. Riders Champion

I like that drivers are getting a voice here. And not just Uber selected ones on those mysterious round table discussions or platinum plus momentum members.

No one speaks their true mind with the threat of deactivation in the back of their mind. That's why an anonymous online forum is the only way.

Good things will come for us drivers through RSDU. Hang around if you like.

wasabi likes this.
  19. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

The couple of melb ones who act out female come across very antsy pardon the pun
    Like you know - is grind is good

Then theres one whos not sure WHAT they are... apparently
    Total muppet though can throw out a dissent post from time to time
    Might be pulling ones middle leg though