1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Like a computer game - what a waste

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Moober68, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

http://ridesharedriversunited.com/l...-along-uber-really-uses-psychological-tricks/

How Uber Uses Psychological Tricks to Push Its Drivers’ Buttons

The company has undertaken an extraordinary experiment in behavioral science to subtly entice an independent work force to maximize its growth.

The secretive ride-hailing giant Uber rarely discusses internal matters in public. But in March, facing crises on multiple fronts, top officials convened a call for reporters to insist that Uber was changing its culture and would no longer tolerate “brilliant jerks.”

Notably, the company also announced that it would fix its troubled relationship with drivers, who have complained for years about falling pay and arbitrary treatment.

http://ridesharedriversunited.com/l...-along-uber-really-uses-psychological-tricks/

mule, eXploitation and DriverX like this.
  2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

This was very clear to me all along.

mule and eXploitation like this.
  3. Dimmi Quando

Dimmi Quando Member

Is this a locked thread? I can't post a reply, error 403.

4. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

No as far as i know. I noticed no problems replying. Must be connection issues at your end, try again.

mule likes this.
  5. Dimmi Quando

Dimmi Quando Member

In a nutshell, Uber sells you an earning opportunity like a dodgy marketer sells you whatever bullshit they are selling. And in most cases, it is full buyer beware - if you don't have the brains to question an email from a Nigerian prince, there is not much anyone else can do for you. If you can't do your own math, gamble away your life, nobody cares in this jungle. No obligations, no promises, no hard feelings, nothing personal. Lots of smallprint.

A computer game. Shoot a pokemon. Spot a surge. Workplace legislation? What workplace?? Nobody is working here, everybody is playing games. With your bank account. ATO included.

There was a document circulating recently on Vic government discussion of ridesharing situation, legislation wise. There was an opinion recorded there, that we basically don't need to worry about driver's income - if it wasn't profitable they wouldn't be doing it. Wasn't everyone's point of view, but there was such a point raised.

I have a funny feeling that all the 'help' drivers are going to be getting, is compassion rather than legal protection. Uber drivers anonymous kind of thing. Support groups. Holding your hand when suffering withdrawal pains after deactivation. Or friendly intervention helping you quit the platform before you burn all your savings, health and life, unable to stop on your own.

But what a waste of resources to build all this game!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    mule, eXploitation and DriverX like this.
  6. Dimmi Quando

Dimmi Quando Member

It was one word I used! Very strange. I will pm you.

7. Dimmi Quando

Dimmi Quando Member

DriverX likes this.
  8. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

9. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

you all know that the so called glitches and issues with the app are intentional don't you?

keeping you on your toes and don't get too comfortable sort of stuff and see how you deal with it

there are aspects of that in the KOL of London where some examiners/instructors piss you off intentionally in nontest situ's to flush out the freakos and meanies

in the main goobers are using the 'chainsaw dunlap' get rid of your bottom ten percent every year type theory which was disproved and discredited decades ago

they would also have hired pavlovian dog gurus to wreak havoc on the population of drivers and pax/public - so massive sample size for which they would be wetdreaming

we are animals that run in packs after all

mule and Uberx zoom like this.