1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Accident issue please reply

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Vikas, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Vikas

Vikas New Member

Hi
    I picked passenger from pitt street to pyrmont.while entering into my car,he hit someone car with my car door.Now the other car guy asking 500 $ for settlement.
    I emailed taxify company but they are not helping me in this matter and passenger is also not picking my phone.so what’s the options for me guys? Have you been experienced like this?
    Please respond if you can give me some advice.
    Thanks in advance

Thanks

2. coolair

coolair Member

Give the guy your insurance details and ask him for his. Do not admit guilt. Take pictures of the damage and picture of his licenses. Also ask the passenger for his full name and address.

You can than later try to place a claim via Taxify although i doubt they will pay anything. This sound like an insurance matter.

3. coolair

coolair Member

Can you post a picture of the damage?

4. Vikas

Vikas New Member

5. Vikas

Vikas New Member

Scratch is on the side of car

6. Vikas

Vikas New Member

I don’t know hows it will work.
    Insurance guys asking $850 excess for claim.

7. coolair

coolair Member

Is there a physical dent or only paint marks?

Paint marks will come off (in most cases) with a good buff. A dent will require panel beating, about $700 here in Melbourne per panel.

It's an insurance job. Give the guy your insurance details. Not much else you can do really. Hopefully Taxify will take it with the passenger.

You can also try and settle with the other driver for cash after a panel beater (or a couple of them) gives you an estimate for repair. I would just let the insurance deal with it if the cost of repair is close enough.

8. Vikas

Vikas New Member

It
    its only paint marks but other guy asking $500 for this.if i go through insurance,then i have to pay$850 excess and it will increase my premium i guess.
    But it was passenger fault.

9. coolair

coolair Member

Go with him to a panel beater and tell him you want to see a quote before you pay anything. Buff work is about $100.

Start by getting a quote. You want to know how much the repair actually cost.

Vikas likes this.
  10. Vikas

Vikas New Member

Yeah i will
    Thanks for your help

Uberx zoom likes this.