1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Are you affected by Upfront Fares?...here is your chance to tell Australia about it.

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Uberx zoom, May 28, 2018.

1. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Drivers! Here is your chance to tell your story about upfront fares and and the way you have been affected. It can be via email as listed in this post or you can contact us directly at the RSDU website and we will forward your message to David accordingly. Please apply only if you've been driving with Uber for more than one year and normally drive 30 or more hours per week.

Thank you for your your corporation.
    Max - Ride Share Drivers United

See copy of David's post over the RSDU Facebook group. Attached below for contact information:

Capture22222.JPG

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    DriverX likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn New Member

I would be Happy to have chat about this problem since the new upfront fare system has only been introduced a few weeks i have just started to see my long fares drop dramatically in the fare i should be receiving . from my calculation on distance and time governed buy what i should be receiving its a very frustrating thing . For instance to get a ride to the airport from my local area approximately 22 kilometers from the airport and to have them there with in 20 odd minutes and get paid just over 30 dollars i find acceptable enough but then on the other hand to drive a further distance closer to 30 kilometers from the cbd in traffic and the time spent on the road was closer to 40 minutes and to receive roughly the same fare of just over 30 dollars . when normaly a trip like this was much closer to 50 when travelling in the peak time i find ridiculous . Tried contacting uber as usual they run and hide and close the conversation . Im starting to find deal with uber on these issues i find a very frustrating thing .

Andrew likes this.
  3. Uberx zoom

Hi @Glenn, welcome to the RSDU members forum.

Can you please reply @DaveSee post here:
    http://ridesharedriversunited.com/forum/threads/abc-news-investigation-into-upfront-fares.735/

Or contact him directly via email as indicated in his post.

I see you are in Sydney. Is that correct?

Thanks mate
    Max

4. pajala

pajala New Member

Well you need proof here its is Uber Pool 37% take on a pool ride. I will never do a Pool ride and never will.

71EE6A32-E726-4E31-8936-611E7B8AF05B.jpeg 5A8FA140-0E02-45BD-935F-B2D659BA9496.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2018
    Glenn and Uberx zoom like this.
  5. I have asked riders what their upfront fare quote is and then ask them to check the actual charge at the end (with honest intentions to check they were not incorrectly charged). The final fare was less than the quote on each occasion. I then checked the fare summary under payments on the driver app. What was reflected on the rider app was around $23 after a quote of $26 and the total fare on my app was $19 as the complete fare before deductions.

I don't think Uber expects many drivers to ask to see the riders app twice, but when in Perth, tell the riders you want to save them a few cents and you are in. And the upfront fare is directly due to the rider constantly accusing the drivers of trying to scam a few cents by taking "bad routes". Uber solution was to come up with fixed pricing which scams the driver and benefits all except the driver.

6. Derek

Derek New Member

Sounds a lot like doing multiple Uber Eats deliveries on the one booking. Uber is charging the customer and restaurant full price but only paying us as an add on. I have never liked the idea of Uber pool and don't intend to do it when it comes to Perth.

7. Glenn

Glenn New Member

Thanks for the interest dave to be honest im not interested in venting myself just to let others know on how tough things are . If you would really like to help me out can you give me details or contacts to a lawyer that deals in rideshare . I got loads of trip proof the payment system is wrong when it comes to uber calculating . I am going to take lawfull action against uber and see if this makes a difference . cheers

8. coolair

coolair Member

Check these stories @Glenn
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-26/uber-drivers-allege-upfront-wage-theft/10025908

https://www.smh.com.au/business/com...er-faces-new-competition-20180726-p4ztob.html

9. I did a trip from Surry Hills to the airport at 1630 with real heavy rain, road works and car park like traffic on the General Holmes drive. It took 55 minutes to finally get to the airport and got paid $17. This trip cost me money.

I wrote to Uber twice requesting they review the trip and got a canned response to both emails. They clearly did not factor in the tragic conditions that day.

On another trip Uber charged the passenger a toll fee when he opted not to take the toll road. He instructed me to go outside the cross city tunnel because the navigation was taking us away from his destination to enter the tunnel.

On few occasions riders wanted to pick up a mate, stop over for a coffee or drive through McDonalds on the way which added around 15% to 20% to the trip time and up to 10% to the distance. On one occasion I asked the rider to add the detour to pick up his mate to the app he refused and have me 2 stars.

I can't see why charging for what actually happened was taken away. The system was fair to both drivers and passengers. As it is drivers are netting around $15 per hour according to my calculations on most trips why find ways to pay them less.

10. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

Unfortunately, for all of us that DO care, there are 100 drivers that don't.

11. Uberx zoom

Unfortuantly new drivers are never in short supply under current legislation. Most dont even know how to correctly calculate thier fares.