1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

OLA trips

Discussion in 'Australia | Ola Forum' started by blac, Aug 26, 2018.

1. blac

blac New Guest Member

Hi Guys
    I'm thinking of signing up with OLA, just to have a better idea, how many trips a day on average (say in a 10-12 hour shift) can you get dispatched?
    About the commission, what's the commission that normally applies at the long run, after the initial 7.5% promotional offer is over?
    Thanks.
    Cheers

Uberx zoom likes this.
  2. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

Not too sure about Sydney but in Melbourne you can expect one to two trips per hour if you are in or around the CBD (we have 4 ride share operators in Melbourne now and they all compete for the same passengers).

It is my understanding that in Sydney only Uber and Ola are really active so you are likely to get more Ola rides per hour. The standard commission rate is 15% plus Ola collects GST from passengers and pass it on to you. I find their fares to be more lucrative then the rest. Shocking app though, very buggy.

3. blac

blac New Guest Member

Yes, that's good, one or two trips per hour as you say, considering there should be then a few more during pick hours and weekends.
    Who is the "fourth" operator in Melbourne? In Sydney basically we have three (Uber, Taxify and Ola) as don't think GoCatch is very popular at all but still operates in Sydney. Maybe you have the same four operators in Melbourne, I guess?
    About the GST, do you mean the amounts payed to us by OLA are GST exent, I mean their payouts are net so that we don't have to pay any GST?

DriverX likes this.
  4. DriverX

DriverX Active Member

By GST i mean OLA collects GST from passengers on the total fare and pass it to the driver. Drivers still need to report and pass the GST to the ATO comes BAS time (for the total fare). With Uber drivers pay the GST out of thier own pockets.

In Melbourne we have:
    Uber
    Ola
    Didi
    Taxify
    GoCatch (2 pings per week)

5. blac

blac New Guest Member

That's scary, GoCatch 2 pings per week... I'm not that surprised though, it looks like everyone likes to ride with Uber, except in surge times when they hate it and then that's when they mostly switch to others.
    I drive for Taxify in Sydney and I find it very busy during Friday and Saturday nights (at times when most likely Uber applies the surge) while very quiet at all other times, except for price consciuos people (Taxify is always cheaper than Uber) or some occasional people that live very far and want to save $5-$10 on their trip home.
    Didi is not available in Sydney yet (as far as I know) I'll keep an eye if they start operating in Sydney at some point in time.
    I think I'll try OLA, even if in Sydney maybe they are not as popular as they are in Melbourne, I'll see how that goes

6. coolair

coolair Member

Didi are very aggressive in Melbourne. Quite busy and currently 2nd to Uber.

People from China know the company well and love using them.

7. blac

blac New Guest Member

I agree, potentially they could get as big as Uber or very close.
    I checked their site on the net, it makes no mention to Sydney but quote two Melbourne addresses for info but no telephone numbers.
    Can I lodge an application with them even if they are not currently in Sydney (I guess at some point they should come to Sydney)?
    Do you have a telephone number or an email address for them so I can make some queries?

8. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Try this Didi support number 1800 861 601.

9. coolair

coolair Member

They bought over Uber in China and Singapore(i think).

10. blac

blac New Guest Member

Thanks, that helps

11. blac

blac New Guest Member

Yes, they kicked Uber out of Chine, that's true

coolair likes this.
  12. Xander King

Xander King New Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to ride sharing, and have been interested to join Ola. However, Ola has kept rejecting my application. They required me to provide: "Comprehensive Minimum Third Party Property Insurance". I am a bit confused based on the fact that I thought the minimum required insurance is third party liability.
    Please advise what should I do? Should I just upgrade my insurance from third party liability to comprehensive?
    Cheers

13. coolair

coolair Member

All operators, not just Ola, will require comprehensive car insurance. You are best getting one