1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Comprehensive car insurance for ride share

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Syd Uber Driver46, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Hi,
    I’ve been an Uber driver for 6 months using a lease vehicle.

Just bout a 2015 CRV for $19k and got a quote for it today mentioning it would be used for ride sharing.

The quote came back as $6000 per annum.

Has anybody got any suggestions of some insurers that offer reasonable comprehensive insurance that will cover you when you are working.

Cheers

2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Hello @Syd Uber Driver46.

Have you tried AAMI or Allianz?

3. Not as yet. What sort of figure did you get with them roughly? Also with them did you say vehicle would be used for ride share? Thanks for your response.

4. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Yes, they do ride share. Try also RACV. $1600(ish) p/year.

5. Traveller

Traveller New Member

I am with QBE in Perth and drive a BMW worth $60K.....only costs me $94 per month. Doesn't matter where you go now, the insurance companies are on to this and taking advantage of the Ridesharing to up the ante. i have never had an accident do not consider my 7 hours a week driving for Uber any more of a risk that every other day but this is a ypical insurance Co. underhanded way of dealing with the public.

6. I ended up getting Bingle for < $600 saying I was ride sharing. Hope this helps someone

Uberx zoom likes this.
  7. I have spent most of the day getting quotes. Youi wasted nearly two hours of my time firstly filling in forms, calling me back, asking same questions then making me wait only to provide quote with laughable agreed value. NRMA is the best. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. They have the features and benefits I want and agreed value. QBE wouldn't offer ride sharing cover so I don't know why they're promoted as doing so. AAMI was OK but didn't provide at fault hire car cover - only not at fault. Bingle offered it but any company that doesn't have a phone number to contact them can take a hike! Allianz was expensive but offered everything. Hope this all helps. I'm going with NRMA @ $879pa fully comprehensive.

8. Full coverage auto insurance gives you much better protection than state mandated minimums especially for wrecks that aren’t your fault but it also means higher rates. To find the cheapest full coverage auto insurance, it’s important to shop around. The price you pay for full coverage depends partly on personal factors, such as your credit and accident history.