1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Car accidents

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by DRiver Jo, Mar 10, 2021.

1. DRiver Jo

DRiver Jo New Member

Hi, I am Uber driver in Canberra, I was involved in car accident, the other car fail to give away/slowdown/stop at a circle, while there are 2 giveaway signs and 2 slowdown lanes at their lane. The other car driver still insist that it's not their fault. I was taking passengers at that time, the passengers report the accident to Uber and my account is blocked. The accident happened on 3rd week of February and until now there is no decision is made, I have tried so many times to contact Uber, my Insurance and their insurance, but still no progress. At the moment Uber is my sole income. Any advice so I can start drive uber again? Should I seek legal advice? And is there any possibilities to claim loss income? Any solutions for the problems?
    Thank you very much.

Regards
    JJ

Uberx zoom likes this.
  2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Hi Jo,

I am sorry to hear your story.

1) Did you get the details of the other driver? He/she had to provide them to you regardless of who is at fault.

2) You want your car fixed ASAP. Contact your insurance and report the incident. Insist that it was not your fault, clearly mention it's the other driver's fault and that you have a witness. They will handle it or tell you what you should be doing next.

3) As soon as your car is fixed, follow the Uber process on how to get back online. For help visit this page. You may need to take the car for inspection.

4) Unfortunately there is no quick way of getting back online, no income support either, all part of being a sub contractor. You may be able to recover these costs from the other driver but you'll have to contact a solicitor and go through court.

5) Alternatively, you may want to consider hiring another vehicle for Uber work while your other car is being fixed. You should be able to add another vehicle through the Uber system.

Bear in mind that Uber must manually examine such incidents, they are short of staff and limited by the COVID-19 situation. This issue can easily take a week or two to resolve.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  3. DRiver Jo

DRiver Jo New Member

Thank you very much for the advice. It's really helpful. I really appreciate it. Thank you again.

Uberx zoom likes this.