1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Big Fat Fib

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Saul Goodman, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

Recently I messaged Uber with this question:

Why is it that my budget internet provider (that I pay only $30/month for) has 24/7 phone support yet UBER who I earn $1000+/month for via commission cannot have a single phone number?

And guess what Uber told me:

"Uber is a growing company so we don't yet have an inbound phone number but we thank you for the suggestion and will take it on board. We hope your next trip goes better"

MY RESPONSE:

Actually UBER, being a 'growing company'. is not an excuse. Uber is the highest valued private company on EARTH so how dare you suggest that you are some kind of ting garage-based startup! You are a behemoth!
    If DODO can offer phone support then you can afford it too considering I pay you 10x more per month.

By the way please stop bullshitting everyone.

Riders Champion likes this.
  2. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

FYI, under the Momentum membership criteria, the highest level platinum members get dedicated phone support and priority replies to messages sent through the app.

However, be this as it may - my info may be a bit dated, going back to Jul-Aug last year when I was last at the HO to get some gripes sorted.

3. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

Not sure if emergency/technical support should be limited to 'platinum' members. Maybe 000 should start only answering calls from people who pay platinum level tax too? No, problems don't discriminate. Support should be available to all independent contractors equally.

4. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Yes it should. Perhaps its a case of dangling the carrot in front of the donkeys that bring them the most commission?

Saul Goodman likes this.
  5. Moober68

Moober68 Active Member

Are you/do you know of any momentum members (what a name!!!) who can confirm this is actually working or is this another case of '3 tyres for the price of 4' and 'guaranteed base rates if you drive 18 hours a day'?

Saul Goodman likes this.
  6. Syd-Uberer

Syd-Uberer New Guest Member

When I was on platinum last year I tried the phone support. Just send a request to them and wait wait wait!

24 hours later I got a call and the phone support is equally as useless as their automated replies.

I was trying to fight my 1 star rating from a useless pax who was angry i didn't pick them up in a no stopping area and they had to walk a few metres up the road!

So it's definitely not a number you can call, rather a call back service.

Saul Goodman and Elepante Nathan like this.
  7. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

What a joke

8. yes, it was a callback service for me also. i only made platinum for a short time, i think they let you keep it for the next month after you qualify as well, so essentially you get it for two months. a very pointless rewards/recognition system though... my favourite is the $6 IMO car wash special ($8 for everyone else)... i spent the $2 i saved on 4 mins with the high speed machine vacuum they have there. FML

Saul Goodman likes this.