1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

You Uber app feature requests?

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Saul Goodman, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

What are the features you would like to see in the driver app?

I will start with a feature I really want:

A 'DECLINE' button. Yes... The ability to reject a trip instead of waiting for the ping to go away to the next driver.

This will achieve 2 things.

1- It will mean riders get matched with a willing driver faster because they are not waiting for someone who doesn't want to accept the job.
    2- Symbolically, It will give back the independent contractor's right to choose to take on jobs as they deem fit..,you know, like ride sourcing was always supposed to be . If we don't want the trip we should have the option to say so and it shouldn't push us offline if we decline a trip. Clearly if we press decline then Uber can stop saying "if appears you are not accepting trips at this time".

It's not that hard. Uber should stop stuffing around and just do it.

2. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Well-Known Member

Sure ok, but there's enough buttons to press on the app as it is... and we're not supposed to be fiddling with our phone anyway - safety reasons.

I would like to know the destination region (if not the actual destination).

Example: I am picking up a rider from North Sydney station and it says on the request that the rider is headed to the Northern Beaches. So if I want to head out west instead I can decline this trip.

Elepante Nathan and Saul Goodman like this.
  3. Riders Champion

I hate getting stuck in the northern beaches just as evening peak hour hits. Takes forever to get back into the core areas.

Saul Goodman likes this.
  4. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

Good idea, or if they can't give us the destination at least tell us the estimated value range of the job based on their input destination as well as general direction. So for example:

Trip Request info would contain:

• Pick up address
    • x KM/ x mins away
    • Rider rating
    • Estimated earnings: $15-20
    • Destination area: Lower Northern beaches zone 3 (it could have a map with general area that the destination is in highlighted without giving a specific destination address like the way they highlight the core areas on maps. The city could be divided into zones.

Just an idea

5. Riders Champion

Yep. When are these round table discussions? Hoping RSDU eventuallygets us into them!

I used to remember in past corporate office jobs that i had, where management would always use the excuse that we don't have the technology or resources to fulfill my request. Hated it!!! Bs...

Saul Goodman likes this.
  6. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

*facepalm* if uber uses that excuse. Apparently they don't even have the resources to set up an inbound phone hotline.. even though customers can call Uber eats and speak to someone instantly

7. Riders Champion

On platinum momentum membership status you get callbacks for your queries and at the very least replies within 24 hours.

@Syd-Uberer was on it for a while and reported on the experience. As did @Elepante Nathan

Elepante Nathan likes this.
  8. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

Yes I heard but that's not going to cut it for a 24/7 company.
    I would actually pay for the service sometimes if it was an option.

9. Id like to see toilet breaks be added. Press a button that gives you 10-15min in standby mode, so you dont lose your set destination!

10. Riders Champion

I have that same problem. I often take my phone with me when I take a piss by a tree (sorry @Sharilee Williams), and once i dropped my phone into my piss because it suddenly pinged and i fumbled it, as i didnt want to lose it.

11. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

Haha same for me. Many times I have lost the set destination because I was walking or peeing while holding the phone. Only recently I learned that if you lock the screen it won't happen.

12. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

+1

Saul Goodman likes this.
  13. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Member

Last time I checked most business owners don't need to ask for toilet breaks. Not with Uber:p

eXploitation likes this.
  14. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Uber porkies.

I've never heard of the "roundtable driver meetings" or of any driver who attended them here in Melbourne (im driving full time for almost 2yrs).

Sounds like a complete waste of time. Uber's way of identifying the strike organisers and keeping them under control.

They know the damn issues. Our list of demands is public and has been communicated over almost every media outlet in Australia. Whats there to talk about?... Stop the wage fraud. Raise the bloody rates immidiatly and stop treating us like we are pawns!

eXploitation and Elepante Nathan like this.
  15. Something is better than nothing right? So platinum is nice if you can get it. Fair bit of driving though and i havent been able to get it this year at all - too many other drivers on the road to compete with, leaves me having to work longer hours for the same results and i have a life outside of driving so wont do it