1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Driver safety, with little to no support

Discussion in 'Brisbane | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Dm86!, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Dm86!

Dm86! New Member

Hello everyone.

I'm a new member of RSDU, This is my 1st message on here.

I'm concerned about an incident I was in late Sunday nigh whilst working -

I was driving people home around the ipswich/springfield area, and my car went into mechanical failure whilst driving. My transmission played up.

I got the people home and I had trouble getting myself home due to mechanical failure.

My car is under investigation by the mechanics at the moment because I had it serviced last month, with little to no detection of troubles. So I'll be dealing with them.

I reported it to uber, they said they couldn't help me, unless I was in a accident and not at fault. And they temporarily put my account on hold until I have proof that the car is fixed.

Mind you I have a 4.9 rating and have been doing it for 5 years on weekends.

You would think they would help out in some way, but no.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thank you for allowing me into this group.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    Uberx zoom likes this.
  2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Hi and welcome.

Uber drivers are currently classified as independent contractors. This means we are solely responsible for all vehicles maintance and on road costs. Uber does not pay for mechanical or on-road costs.
    (I know, it sucks).

Once the vehicle is repaired simply upload the receipt (or a mechanics letter) confirming the vehicle has been repaired and good to go. Uber should reinstate your account within a couple of days.

You may want to explore renting a vehicle while yours is being repaired if you wish to continue ubering in the mean time.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  3. Dm86!

Dm86! New Member

Thank you for your suggestion/s.

It's a frustrating situation at the moment but I'll work through it all.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  4. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

Good luck mate. Keep us updated.

5. Dm86!

Dm86! New Member

Hello.

Update -

The car was deemed inoperable after mechanics checked it out.

I was offered by the dealership that sold me the car - a refund or a car from their lot worth the same amount or less.

I took the money and went elsewhere to get a different car in mid October.

So far so good except for last night where I was on my way to my next job, the uber app directed me to go through a bad road, which became bumpy and uncomfortable.

The car seems ok at the moment.

admin likes this.