1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Drowning in dollars!

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Bases Loaded, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

I would love to thank Uber for the opportunity to be my own boss and earn up to $30 an hour! It's so much fun!

[​IMG]
    free image storage sites

Drove all the way from Fawkner to Croydon, 1 trip for minimim rate.

Similarly yesterday, from South Melb to Fawkner for NO trips: "made" $60 for 4.5 hours.

Full-time Uber is dead.

Uberx zoom likes this.
  2. eXploitation

eXploitation Active Member

Not sure why peeps thought an open entry uncapped supply of cars would lead to anything half decent
    Wouldnt matter how high rates were

Oh i just thought of something
    Getting an eighty percent tax writeoff on your pride and joy
    Supposedly doing a heap of kays roaming around looking for a ping
    Supposedly
    And after a year using the 20k writeoff rule did i really make that much of a business loss? Oh well gave it a try better stick to my day job
    Thank you gooba!

Uberx zoom likes this.
  3. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

It started dying in 2015 when they dropped the rates from $1.40/km, the nail in tbe coffin came Feb 2016 when they dropped rates to $1.0/km (supposedly to increase driver's earnings :D:rolleyes:). You could then no longer make a sustainable living despite driving ridiculously long hours and running up excessive dead kms.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  4. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

In an unlikely turn of events...

Attached Files:

Uberx zoom and Cold Gin like this.
  5. HumungousDill

HumungousDill Active Member

$30/hr ? You're short changing yourself mate. According to Uber's advertising it's "Earn as much as you want" :rolleyes:

Uberx zoom, Cold Gin and Bases Loaded like this.