1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Further Inspection Under Regulation Change

Discussion in 'Melbourne | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Bases Loaded, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

Received an email today outlining that due to legislation changes I need to complete another vehicle inspection because the current Uber inspection does not satisfy the TSC's inspection guidelines.

I am almost certain my vehicle won't pass this inspection as it has minor panel damage that I can't afford to fix (obviously).

I am facing being unemployed due to this new ruling. Does anyone have any ideas what to do? Don't particularly want to waste my time going into the office.

2. Uberx zoom

Uberx zoom Well known member (founder)

No stress,

May i suggest that you start by applying online for the HC license. Don't worry about RWC at this stage. Answer yes if asked online if your vehicle was inspected recently (redbook).

You must apply by 31/12/2017. Your TSC application confirmation email will serve as proof of applying before the due date (according to TSC, who admit on their website that they are "currently experiencing overwhelming demand and expect delays in processing applications").

As to the RWC, Uber claims that the redbook inspection our cars undergo every year is sufficient. I think it is best to call TSC when they are back from the holiday and hear it from the horse's mouth.

Link to more info:
    http://taxi.vic.gov.au/owners-and-operators/hire-cars/hire-car-licences#conditions

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  3. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

Thank you.

My inspection was undertaken by ABS Collingwood as it is far more convenient for me than their limited redbook sites, so that is probably the reason I am receiving this message from Uber.

I am just finding it absurd that I may be left with a whopping great car loan with no income to service it now and am only given 3 weeks' notice!

Uberx zoom likes this.
  4. Bases Loaded

Bases Loaded Member

I have finally got a manager to call me back and they couldn't even find the email in their system! So the outcome was that I received the email by accident, and there is nothing wrong with my vehicle inspection status... Idiots!!