1. Login to post. This is a public forum, the topics discussed here do not represent RSDU's official view.

Great dashcams range, for Uber, Lyft, Didi and Ola drivers. Click here.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Gocatch Jobs

Discussion in 'Sydney | Uber Drivers Forum' started by HSnypeR, Jan 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. HSnypeR

HSnypeR Member

Is anyone who use using Gocatch getting more than 1 fare request per day?

I literally leave it as online the whole day while driving around as UberX constantly.

There are way more Gocatch Taxis than normal drivers!

2. coolair

coolair Member

I stopped using the gocatch driver app once i realised they've cut the rates back and started charging drivers ($5) for cancelations, no notice given. This is no wat to treat drivers, I can live without the odd 2 pings per week.

3. HSnypeR

HSnypeR Member

A penalty for cancelling fares? That's terrible.

What do you mean they have cut rates back? You mean the $/KM?

coolair likes this.
  4. coolair

coolair Member

Last i checked they went from $1.48 per km to now about $1.28 and added $5 cacelletion fees charged to drivers.

Double check the driver T&C and latest base rates. They constantly switch things without notice. They've lost my trust.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  5. HSnypeR

HSnypeR Member

In Sydney, Uber is $1.40/KM and $0.40/min. so with Uber' s cut taken out it's $1.05/KM.

I just checked Gocatch is $1.23/km and $0.34/min. But not sure if those figures have Gocatch's cut factored into already. If it has, its not bad to take whatever fare you can get from Gocatch. I never cancel my job unless Riders don't show up. In that scenario I'm sure you don't get penalised.

coolair likes this.
  6. coolair

coolair Member

The prices are before GoCatch 15% comision cut, no surge (last i checked). Most GoCatch pings come when Uber is surging high. There are also reports from drivers not being paid for some fares due to customer credit card processing issues, which personaly i find unacceptable. So watch out.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. HSnypeR

HSnypeR Member

Not getting paid due to credit card processing issues. I think Gocatch is in a desperate financial situation. I don't think they do any marketing at all. Most of my riders are like Gowhat?

But I'll give a trial anyway and see how it goes. I do want to support an Aussie company but if they screw me over I'm done.

8. coolair

coolair Member

I did about a dozen rides with GC (you get about 3 pings per week in Melbourne). In all honesty they paid for all, no issues whatsoever.

As for cancelations, they are often inevitable, imagine taking a ping only to discover you are on the very wrong side of traffic. Thier app is not smart enough to account for that.

Canceletion fee for pre bookings is even higher by the way, i think it was $15 or somthing like that, last time i checked.

I may give GC a second chance once they get rid of this stupidity.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  9. HSnypeR

HSnypeR Member

I think GC just wants drivers to be really committed to pickups. It helps to protect their reputation amongst riders and to make sure they get their profit which is understandable considering their financial situation, but I think $5 is a tad too much...

I just realised RSDU doesn't support GC because of the base fare reduction since November. I suppose it is disappointing, as it looks like a bait and switch, but I suppose GC are trying desperately to make fares cheaper for riders to compete with Uber and break into the market.

10. coolair

coolair Member

I dont think i would mind the $5 that much if i knew it goes to the rider. But no, GC gets to keep it.

Lol, imagine being charged (by your day job employer) $5 every time you are late to work or cant make it that day because you are sick. And you cant get somone to replace you either.

A big No No.

I've got no doubt in mind that trying to get into the market by misleading and abusing driver rights will get GC in troubles with the RSDU, just like it did for Uber, if not more.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  11. Glenn

Glenn New Member

I am lucky to get one job per week from go catch !

12. HSnypeR

HSnypeR Member

I do get at least 2 offers a day now but I only accept like a third.