1. Dismiss Notice

Having Uber map issues

Discussion in 'Perth | Uber Drivers Forum' started by Morton228, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Morton228

Morton228 New Guest Member

There was a question on one of the face book groups about map issues affecting Iphones.
    Map progressively starts losing big blocks, on one 23 min journey only the route displayed no background map at all until some way into the journey as the map view zooms in the map came back, issues are with the uber map as well as the waze map.
    Contact support,

Response
    We’ve recently been informed by other driver-partners about a possible problem. Our team hasn’t confirmed anything as we speak, and are attempting to rule out all possible causes for this.
    In the meantime, please apply these basic troubleshooting steps:
    This was the best one.
    3. Make sure that your Bluetooth is always turned off because it can interfere with signal. .
    I pointed out to them that its illegal to NOT use your phone handsfree so that possible ""fix"" might not be a big help.
    I always had the suspicion that Uber app developers have never driven an Uber, guess that proved it.
    Got the cut and paste response after that.
    ie
    I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the map not showing in your app. Our team is aware of this issue and working to fix it as quickly as possible.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding in the meantime.There was a question on one of the face book groups about map issues affecting Iphones.
    Map progressively starts losing big blocks, on one 23 min journey only the route displayed no background map at all until some way into the journey as the map view zooms in the map came back, issues are with the uber map as well as the waze map.
    Contact support,
    Response
    We’ve recently been informed by other driver-partners about a possible problem. Our team hasn’t confirmed anything as we speak, and are...

Uber map issues